PDA

View Full Version : Part of the family

Shamrock
10-27-09, 09:15 PM
Well, I recieved my Win7 64 today, it's already installed. It didn't go very well, though. I got a blue screen just after inputting my key. AND (my fault) I installed it to the wrong partition!

2nd try went well. I haven't activated it yet...but, I have a question. Anyone with Win7 Pro have games? My Games explorer is EMPTY. Will this fill up when I activate? I thought it came with ChessTitans, Freecell, Solitare, etc?

I haven't purchased Windows since Win2k. WinXP was given to me (legally, with key and COA).

DiscipleDOC
10-28-09, 08:19 AM
Well, I recieved my Win7 64 today, it's already installed. It didn't go very well, though. I got a blue screen just after inputting my key. AND (my fault) I installed it to the wrong partition!

2nd try went well. I haven't activated it yet...but, I have a question. Anyone with Win7 Pro have games? My Games explorer is EMPTY. Will this fill up when I activate? I thought it came with ChessTitans, Freecell, Solitare, etc?

I haven't purchased Windows since Win2k. WinXP was given to me (legally, with key and COA).

Those games should be there when you install Win7. If not, go to Control Panel | Programs and Features | Window Features | and check Games. ;)

betterdan
10-28-09, 11:06 AM
I think you have me on ignore but did you try a reinstall after you got that blue screen? If not I would try to do another reinstall.

mojoman0
10-28-09, 02:54 PM
yea you have to add the games under windows features in professional

betterdan
10-28-09, 04:28 PM
Ahh that makes sense with professional since it is more business oriented that games wouldn't be installed by default. I wish they would have come to that conclusion with Windows 2000 which we still have on the ICE inmate computers here at work. The games can not be uninstalled so we just take away all user rights to the game files. They can also not be deleted or Windows puts them right back. Stupid thinking on Microsoft's part.

XDanger
10-28-09, 05:14 PM
I wish they would have come to that conclusion with Windows 2000 which we still have on the ICE inmate computers here at work. The games can not be uninstalled so we just take away all user rights to the game files. They can also not be deleted or Windows puts them right back. Stupid thinking on Microsoft's part.

I like pinball spoilsport!:(

betterdan
10-28-09, 06:18 PM
I like pinball spoilsport!:(

Do you want illegal aliens playing pinball on your tax money though? ;)

Shamrock
10-28-09, 09:25 PM
Those games should be there when you install Win7. If not, go to Control Panel | Programs and Features | Window Features | and check Games. ;)

That did it big guy...thanks a bunch!