PDA

View Full Version : X-fi Xtrememusic

Arto*
11-01-09, 12:47 PM
I've been having trouble looking for a solution to my problem, hopefully you guys can help. I recently picked up an x-fi xtrememusic sound card from a friend and noticed that the mic and line in share one input port. Since I have my xbox hooked up to my pc (line-in), would it be possible to have both the mic and line in work at the same time, after i get a splitter?? or is that not possible?

Also if anyone knows of any good software application that tests your surround sound speakers i would really appreciate it a lot. thx in advance guys.

crainger
11-01-09, 01:10 PM
Not possible. If you want to use both you'll have to turn on your onboard and use it for mic or get a USB mic.

Redeemed
11-01-09, 02:10 PM
Don't listen to Crainger- he still things that DDL, DTS Connect, and EAX AdvancedHD are all the same thing- even after CaptNKILL and I explained to him otherwise! :bugeyes:

:bleh:

:wonder:

Arto*
11-01-09, 03:26 PM
That doesn't help me, you're saying that the line-in and mic could both work at the same time??

Redeemed
11-01-09, 04:22 PM
That doesn't help me, you're saying that the line-in and mic could both work at the same time??

lol

My apologies, good sir.

The comment of mine that you are referring to was entirely sarcastic. I had posted it in hopes that crainger would see it before you did- it is more of an inside joke here at nVnews.

What Crainger said is 100% correct. The line-in and mic-in cannot be used simultaneously. You will have to do as Crainger suggested.

Arto*
11-01-09, 05:27 PM
lol

My apologies, good sir.

The comment of mine that you are referring to was entirely sarcastic. I had posted it in hopes that crainger would see it before you did- it is more of an inside joke here at nVnews.

What Crainger said is 100% correct. The line-in and mic-in cannot be used simultaneously. You will have to do as Crainger suggested.

Lol, well thanks anyway, the info was helpful and much appreciated.

CaptNKILL
11-01-09, 06:31 PM
Technically I think you could use a splitter and have the mic and the line in connected at the same time, then just change the setting in windows any time you're using one or the other... but if you actually try to use both sources at once (talking into the mic while playing Xbox) you're definitely going to have some problems.

Really, you'd just be using the splitter and the mic\line-in setting in windows as a switch. There isn't any way to get them both working simultaneously though.

Arto*
11-01-09, 08:25 PM
Technically I think you could use a splitter and have the mic and the line in connected at the same time, then just change the setting in windows any time you're using one or the other... but if you actually try to use both sources at once (talking into the mic while playing Xbox) you're definitely going to have some problems.

Really, you'd just be using the splitter and the mic\line-in setting in windows as a switch. There isn't any way to get them both working simultaneously though.

ye I had a feeling it wasn't going to work like that. Good news is I found the onboard sound card, the bad news is that idk what plugs into it.. any advice?