PDA

View Full Version : Flat Panel Scaling doesn't work.

Pioy
11-05-09, 10:22 AM
Hello.
I'm GF 7300GT and Windows 7 Ult x64 user. Rest of my PC is an Athlon II X4620, Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P and 4 gigs of RAM. When I set flat panel scalling to desired option in nVidia control panel, it DOES NOT WORK. I'm setting option fixed proportions option, applying, and when I confirm, it goes back to using monitor scalling.

I tried almost every versions of drivers - from the oldest 180 series to newest with 195 beta edition too.

Do you know any fix, patch or something which makes it useful? I really want it work for playing older games without wide resolutions, CMR2 for example.

BTW shame nVidia, HOW LONG COULD IT TAKE to fix trifle like this one?

|MaguS|
11-05-09, 11:34 PM
I believe its actually a Windows 7/Microsoft issue as for the reason it doesn't work.

Elvin Presler
11-06-09, 01:35 AM
I use "fixed aspect ratio" and like you said it jumps right back to the default (with all drivers in Windows 7)...BUT...it actually works even though it shows the default setting for me. So try setting it, apply it (ignore that it changes itself back), then change resolutions and see if it is working anyway or not.

Greg
11-06-09, 06:15 AM
When you say 'does not work', do you just mean the option appears to 'not stick'? Because when I set the option, it appears to revert, but it does work correctly. Try some non-standard modes and see if the nV driver correctly scales them.

Pioy
11-06-09, 08:46 AM
Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, my screen is still not properly displayed. For example, my native resolution is 1920x1200 and desktop or any game is stretched in 1600x1200.