PDA

View Full Version : Audigy Se or P5n-E SLI Realtek HD ?

HiCZoK4
11-06-09, 02:22 PM
I am thinking what to use. I am having a bit of a trouble with Audigy SE at 7 64bit. Games don't even show eax options etc and I cant hear the clicking sound when opening windows etc. But it works fine anyway.

What about realtek? Its really that crap? I guess it have some new drivers to download becouse it must be the most popular sound card in the world

CaptNKILL
11-06-09, 02:28 PM
I would just use onboard. The Audigy is a really old card and will probably give you more problems than its worth.

Realtek "HD" audio is pretty decent these days.

EDIT: And why do you have a message to the moderators in your sig? Why not just PM someone? :lol:

HiCZoK4
11-06-09, 02:44 PM
I don't really now who to pm. I don't know who of SuperMans could do this So I am waiting for help:D Lazyness..s.s..s.s...

Anyway. I think I will try it. Where Can I download drivers for it? There is Realtek site but its... eeee somehow it doesnt seem reliable.

crainger
11-06-09, 04:24 PM
Just get the drivers off the Realtek site dude. The site works fine and the drivers are pretty robust.

HiCZoK4
11-07-09, 02:26 AM
As You say mr Craniger! Thx for Your supporto

crainger
11-07-09, 03:15 AM
No problemos

HiCZoK4
11-07-09, 02:34 PM
It works suprisingly well. But I cannot get front panel audio to work. there is a switch front panel ac97\hd audio on bios so I guess ac97 makes it redirect front panel to moboCard not Hardware one.

But I plug headphones and nothing

Eliminator
11-07-09, 03:08 PM
another vote for the realtek onboard... the audigy se is a really stripped down version of a real audigy

crainger
11-07-09, 03:10 PM
Did you plug in motherboard header? Now does your case have HD or AC97 plug? Or both? check which one is plugged in, then change bios to match that. If that fails, your case might be broken.

HiCZoK4
11-08-09, 02:09 AM
Ok. I got it to work. I had to set in bios use front panel AC97 (There is also HD option but I Guess in this case HD means HardWare nor high definition and this option states for sound card if I would have one)

Anyway. In realtek audio menager there are shown front and rear plugs. the green one rear is highlighted becouse I have my main speakers plugged there. And with AC97 selected in bios pink and green front panel outputs are highlighted(those werent with HD option)

But something isnt still working. When I plug in headphones realtek doesnt detect them and doesnt silent speakers. I had to set "Use front and rear outputs for different audio stream. Now Headphones panel is shown in Menager and When I plug in headphones They work very good(no loss in sound quality comparing to rear output as my friend have but he have old mobo)

So now evrything works well but STILL Realtek is not silenting rear output and I have to check "Use this as system default" for Headphones when I plug them and for Speakers when I unplug Headphones.

I have reinstalled drivers, Uninstalled Audigy drivers and offcourse unplugged the card.
What to do? Its not much of a work to turn off speakers and set headphones as default every time I plug\unplug them but I suppose it should work automaticly

CaptNKILL
11-17-09, 01:59 PM
Ok. I got it to work. I had to set in bios use front panel AC97 (There is also HD option but I Guess in this case HD means HardWare nor high definition and this option states for sound card if I would have one)

Anyway. In realtek audio menager there are shown front and rear plugs. the green one rear is highlighted becouse I have my main speakers plugged there. And with AC97 selected in bios pink and green front panel outputs are highlighted(those werent with HD option)

But something isnt still working. When I plug in headphones realtek doesnt detect them and doesnt silent speakers. I had to set "Use front and rear outputs for different audio stream. Now Headphones panel is shown in Menager and When I plug in headphones They work very good(no loss in sound quality comparing to rear output as my friend have but he have old mobo)

So now evrything works well but STILL Realtek is not silenting rear output and I have to check "Use this as system default" for Headphones when I plug them and for Speakers when I unplug Headphones.

I have reinstalled drivers, Uninstalled Audigy drivers and offcourse unplugged the card.
What to do? Its not much of a work to turn off speakers and set headphones as default every time I plug\unplug them but I suppose it should work automaticly
You should probably have the "HD" audio enabled, rather than AC97. Try that.

HiCZoK4
11-19-09, 02:44 PM
Nope. Then I cant get any sound from front panel