PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Network Icon

supra
11-08-09, 08:32 AM
I love windows 7 but theres 1 small thing that I find a bit annoying.

its no big deal but i really wish they kept the format they used in vista with the network icon in the system tray.

flashing for network activity and lil globe thing to say you have internet access.

i dont like this new icon with the wierd plug thing.

is there anyway i can change it? or atleast have it flashing when theres network activity?

Mike89
11-14-09, 07:38 PM
I wish I had it back too. I miss it from XP. From what I understand, even the one in Vista didn't blink accurately with usage the way the one in XP did. Dunno why Microsoft got rid of it. It was pretty useful to me.

betterdan
11-14-09, 07:57 PM
http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/2009/10/how-to-bring-back-classic-xp-network-blinking-icon-in-windows-7/

Mike89
11-14-09, 09:47 PM
Just tried it. That program is buggy as hell. Couldn't get it to run. Generated the same error message (below) each time I tried to install and then it would just sit there in the taskbar not blinking and not monitoring anything (totally dead). Looks like it would have done the trick if it was stable.

Error: Overflow (6)
Sub Name: frmMain:UpdateInterfaceInfo(3)
Specific: If Not objInterface.InterfaceName=
st_objInterface.InterfaceName Then .Item(1).SubItems(1) =
objInterface.InterfaceName

hokeyplyr48
11-15-09, 04:11 PM
Just get a sidebar gadget, I use network traffic and it works nice. but then again I have three monitors and can always see my gadgets because I never fill all the screens:captnkill:

supra
11-15-09, 07:00 PM
Just get a sidebar gadget, I use network traffic and it works nice. but then again I have three monitors and can always see my gadgets because I never fill all the screens:captnkill:

yeah i do use gadgets but they are not always ontop and dont want them to.

i like the vista style icon. blinking with activity for network connectivity, blinking with globe for internet connectivity