PDA

View Full Version : Logitech illuminated keyboard - gaming performance?

Crow_Nest
11-09-09, 06:56 AM
How well does this keyboard perform in fps games? Im very curious to know. Is it any different from a gaming keyboard? Also has anyone experienced the keyblocking issue with this keyboard? I heard it was pretty serious, but that was reported over a year ago and logitech may have already fixed it by now. But still im all ears for comments.

Anyone care to fill me in?

HiCZoK4
11-09-09, 08:03 AM
I see Your Thread! but don't know the anserw. I am using cheapest kb I found and its perfect

Crow_Nest
11-09-09, 10:12 AM
I see Your Thread! but don't know the anserw. I am using cheapest kb I found and its perfect

Hehe well the one thing about non-gaming keyboards is that they crap at your face when it comes to quick key presses, most critical in FPSes, which is all that i play. From a review i read it says the keyboard can be used for gaming as well but never elaborated further...

But im most concerned about the keylocking issue. I know this keyboard's keyblocking was programmed (stupidly...) to the characters an't and ine. So if you're going to type words like can't, don't, won't or wine, fine, dine the last character will not be appear even though you pressed the key. I heard it only affects those with a sluggish type of keyboard typing, usually when you do it too quickly. This can be corrected by typing in full, proper keystrokes though, but was affecting quite a number of users.

bacon12
11-09-09, 01:54 PM
I have used it twice, and can't stand it. I would probably say that about any kb now that I have found my true love the G13.

whiz187
11-09-09, 02:37 PM
I have two of them and would not exchange them for anything. I never have seen any blocking, response is good and I love the back light. I see the price has come down slightly. I do wish it had a dedicated sleep button. I also see that Logitech has released a non backlite version, considerably cheaper. Saw it at Fry's.

mullet
11-09-09, 04:57 PM
I have 2 and the wife and I love them.

bob saget
11-09-09, 06:58 PM
My friend uses his for css, no complaints. i am using a 6 or 7 year old logitech one.

Roliath
11-09-09, 08:16 PM
love it, works great. i've never played a game where i've felt the kb let me down.

Crow_Nest
11-09-09, 10:14 PM
Sounds pretty good then, better than i thought at least. I was worried it wouldnt work well for gaming. Thanks for the comments people! :)

Now i might just pick one of these up for christmas.

I also see that Logitech has released a non backlite version, considerably cheaper. Saw it at Fry's.

They do? If so ive never seen a non backlight version before. What is it called? I dont see such a keyboard on the logitech website.

XDanger
11-13-09, 02:32 PM
I'm hopefully getting a belkin nostromo n52te soon to replace my keyboard which is a zboard (now steelseries) merc, which is great but needs a yearly cleaning or the keys get jammy

Also comes in illuminated

What makes the logitech a "gaming" keyboard, I don't see it.

The button layout?

rflair
11-13-09, 02:49 PM
It uses the same type of keys that the DiNovo uses, excellent keyboards, great for gaming, typing.

stereod
11-13-09, 03:58 PM
I like it, it looks great but I cant really tell anything about gaming performance. Keyboard is a keyboard and as long as the keys work they all perform the same in my opinion :) I don't feel any difference in gaming compared to my old cheap crap keyboard.
I bought it only because it looks so good :cool:

mullet
11-13-09, 04:04 PM
I'm hopefully getting a belkin nostromo n52te soon to replace my keyboard which is a zboard (now steelseries) merc, which is great but needs a yearly cleaning or the keys get jammy

Also comes in illuminated

What makes the logitech a "gaming" keyboard, I don't see it.

The button layout?

My wife and I have the n52te and we are both happy with them, I had the Nostromo N50 for many many years. The n52te runs great in Win 7.

nekrosoft13
11-13-09, 06:56 PM
looks nice, might finally throw away that G15

nekrosoft13
11-14-09, 11:32 PM
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/5902&cl=us,en

also a nice keyboard

XDanger
11-15-09, 06:58 PM
http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/keyboards/merc/information
Mine cost me 1

Wolken007
11-16-09, 09:52 PM
I picked up two of the logitech Illuminated keyboards today. Work very well in games.