PDA

View Full Version : MW2 & Steam!

ATOJAR
11-10-09, 04:22 PM
So i just been and bough COD MW2(two discs) .. I come home and think great ill install.

Installed, Go to play then get a message saying something about the servers being two busy, After a few try's it finally says downloading. A mate said it takes ages to download "something"! ... What exactly is it downloading? is there a patch out? I have just bought a 2 disc game ffs, I JUST WANT INSTALL FROM THE DISC/S AND PLAY THE DAMN GAME!

:(

methimpikehoses
11-10-09, 04:24 PM
Welcome to mother Russia.

NarcissistZero
11-10-09, 04:24 PM
It downloads a small file that is not on the disc.

Your patience seems... limited.

ATOJAR
11-10-09, 04:25 PM
It downloads a small file that is not on the disc.

Your patience seems... limited.

Its been stuck on 0% for bloody ages (sorry for being rude, just a little annoyed)

NarcissistZero
11-10-09, 04:26 PM
Mine downloaded it in like a second.

methimpikehoses
11-10-09, 04:33 PM
Restart steam...

BioHazZarD
11-10-09, 04:41 PM
Thoose files should been on the discs..

ATOJAR
11-10-09, 04:46 PM
I tried un-installing and re-installing, Now when i click the desktop icon all i get it "the servers are too busy, Try later" & the estimated download time is 3 hours +.

FFS.

Logical
11-10-09, 04:49 PM
I have a solution for you ATOJAR....

Firstly pause both the singleplayer and multiplayer mw2 downloads in steam.

1. Close Steam (File > Exit).
2. Go to the Start button and select Run (XP) or type Run in the Search box and choose Run from the list (Vista).
3. In the Run window type:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:

or

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E: <<<<if using 64 bit windows.

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.
Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.

4. Press OK. Your installation should continue from the disc.

ATOJAR
11-10-09, 04:58 PM
Hmm, Thats weird! .. i un-installed, Done the "Close Steam (File > Exit)" went to re-install ... Everything seems to be installing fine. :D

Sorry for the hassle guys. lol.

In the words of NarcissistZero "Your patience seems... limited." .... Totally true lol.

Logical
11-10-09, 05:18 PM
I had a relative that had exactly the same problem, only every time we uninstalled then went to reinstall mw2, steam would try to download the files instead of taking them from the disk.

Yaboze
11-10-09, 05:21 PM
I installed from the DVD's and it just seemed to take forever. Very slow. It installed through Steam.

ATOJAR
11-10-09, 05:57 PM
every time we uninstalled then went to reinstall mw2, steam would try to download the files instead of taking them from the disk.

That's exactly what was happening to me at one point.