PDA

View Full Version : Huh?!

The Baron
06-30-03, 12:26 AM
OK, so stupid me, I was reviewing this Soltek FX5200 card and forgot to take down the RAM's serial number before I put it in. I pulled it out tonight (to put in my Uber NV25U Engineering Sample - Not For Public Use :D ) and checked the serial number on the Samsung site.

THE RAM IS CLOCKED FOR 250MHZ, NOT 200!?

Of course, I didn't even TRY to OC it because I was worried about the lack of any active cooling on the card.

So... on a FX5200 with a 128-bit memory bus, would it be worth it to stick it back in, set the RAM to 250 or so, and see if it blows up in a raging inferno? I'll do it if you guys wanted to see it (and damnit, the review was all but done... :p ).

digitalwanderer
06-30-03, 12:49 AM
My life absolutely would NOT be complete if you didn't include an OCing bit in your review! Why, it would be down right criminal of you not to!

Think about it, the puppy can clock 25% higher than it ran at? Think it might just bench a little faster considering it was the bottleneck in your tests?

What are you trying to do, paint nVidia in a bad light or something? Everyone knows their cards OC better, you HAVE to show it!

(I was gonna accuse you of being some kind of ATi fanboy who was trying to make the 5200 look bad, but figured it was too over the top....)

ragejg
06-30-03, 12:59 AM
hey, i found a cool benchmark you could use when you OC that card:D:D

Winamp2.9 visualizations scale correctly with oc'ing... 2.73 and 2.8 (i think) have visualizations that are static regardless of clockspeed change...

@ stock speeds, find the visualization that takes you down to 15fps or so... then oc and watch it change...

;) it works for GF3's..;)

Hey, I gotta throw my drivel in... you told me you wouldn't run AT LEAST 3dmk2k1...:rolleyes:

:)

GlowStick
06-30-03, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
So... on a FX5200 with a 128-bit memory bus, would it be worth it to stick it back in, set the RAM to 250 or so, and see if it blows up in a raging inferno?

FIRE GOOD, inferno better!

ragejg
06-30-03, 01:30 AM
btw, yes, oc it!!

:D

prodikal
06-30-03, 01:35 AM
Blow the MoFo up make your own Vulcan Demo "with realistic smoke and fire." LOL

BTW my 5900 Ultra came with the old demos does anyone know where i can download the vulcan demo.

The Baron
06-30-03, 11:19 AM
Damnit, now I have to put it back in, and I was just informed I have to go work... BLAH. Review tonight, Mike, I promise ;)

Sazar
06-30-03, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
Damnit, now I have to put it back in, and I was just informed I have to go work... BLAH. Review tonight, Mike, I promise ;)

liar :D

btw.. just fudge up some numbers :rofl

no one will ever have to know...

digitalwanderer
06-30-03, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Sazar
liar :D

btw.. just fudge up some numbers :rofl

no one will ever have to know...
Nah, just re-run the benchies later when you have time and then post up the corrected graphs without commenting. If anyone complains in the forums just ban their arses. :)

Sazar
06-30-03, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Nah, just re-run the benchies later when you have time and then post up the corrected graphs without commenting. If anyone complains in the forums just ban their arses. :)

:rofl

yup... after all... you just have to follow the footsteps of kyle/anand :D

good company that...

digitalwanderer
06-30-03, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Sazar
:rofl

yup... after all... you just have to follow the footsteps of kyle/anand :D

good company that...
Well hey, if you wanna make the bigbucks play like the bigboys. :cool: :lol: