PDA

View Full Version : Activision Confirms Call of Duty 2010

Pages : [1] 2

Albo
11-11-09, 05:54 PM
Activision Confirms Call of Duty 2010 (http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2009/11/08/activision-confirms-call-of-duty-2010/)

While we’re waiting the for release of Modern Warfare 2, Activision has confirmed that yet another Call of Duty title will be headed our way in 2010.

In a conference call, Activision president, Mike Griffith stated that, “In [calendar year] 2010, Activision Publishing is expected to release strong, innovative new titles,” and that “The diversified lineup will include titles based on the best selling franchises including Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, Shrek, [and] Spider-Man.”

With that said, it comes as no surprise that Activision would milk its most popular franchise, but, as for another World at War Call of Duty title, Activision hasn’t revealed any details about the next Call of Duty title, or if it’s a sequel to World at War.

|MaguS|
11-11-09, 05:56 PM
Wait another COD game after their recent one selling over 7 million in a single day? NO WAY!

Viral
11-11-09, 06:02 PM
Might as well release one every year, call it CoD 20xx and milk that cow until the milk turns to blood.

Albo
11-11-09, 06:12 PM
Wait another COD game after their recent one selling over 7 million in a single day? NO WAY!

This article was written on November 8th. Days before the game was released.

DansFace
11-11-09, 06:21 PM
“In [calendar year] 2010, Activision Publishing is expected to release strong, innovative new titles,”

does anyone find it stupid they used innovative to describe these games..

Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, Shrek, and Spider-Man.

nekrosoft13
11-11-09, 06:37 PM
who cares, if idiots will continue buying it they will make as many of these Medicare games as humanly possible.

COD series died with COD2.

nekrosoft13
11-11-09, 06:39 PM
Might as well release one every year, call it CoD 20xx and milk that cow until the milk turns to blood.

this year, in 2010 release we added two new guns, and five new enemy types, but most importantly enemies will respawn quicker and more, MORE!

Sean_W
11-11-09, 07:36 PM
This is what EA do as well. No wonder developers want develop games for consoles so much, easy money.

Innovative games are rare now and the xbox is full of FPS games.

XP_GUN
11-11-09, 08:52 PM
It should be like Vietnam or the Korean War

ViN86
11-11-09, 08:56 PM
It should be like Vietnam or the Korean War

Yes, the WWII fad should be going away soon. Do we really need a 20th WWII game?

There's plenty of other wars: Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, etc.

B0ne
11-11-09, 09:44 PM
Ah the ol annual "Call of Duty sequel announced/confirmed" thread.

NarcissistZero
11-11-09, 10:16 PM
who cares, if idiots will continue buying it they will make as many of these Medicare games as humanly possible.

COD series died with COD2.

How dare I enjoy these games, I am such a bafoon!

Anyway, wasn't this already confirmed? Pretty sure it was, Treyarch admitted it and they said from the begining they are doing annual release with Treyarch and IW alternating.

The rumor is this one is Vietnam.

Kaguya
11-12-09, 12:14 AM

Anyway, wasn't this already confirmed? Pretty sure it was, Treyarch admitted it and they said from the begining they are doing annual release with Treyarch and IW alternating.

Vietnam would make sense as Treyarch could use a lot of the assets from WaW since jungle fighting in the pacific was somewhat similar to the battles of Vietnam.

NarcissistZero
11-12-09, 12:55 AM
Vietnam would make sense as Treyarch could use a lot of the assets from WaW since jungle fighting in the pacific was somewhat similar to the battles of Vietnam.

Yeah, a couple of those Japan levels had me saying to myself "Vietnam could work in this engine."

Crow_Nest
11-12-09, 06:08 AM
Will it have dedicated servers? :D

wysiwyg
11-12-09, 06:44 AM
they should do one set in the future of maybe a COD stone age club warfare

NarcissistZero
11-12-09, 07:11 AM
they should do one set in the future

There was a rumor about this before... it sounds neat, but they would have to make it unique versus all the other alien killing sci-fi games.

Games need more imagination on the whole, really.

FlakMagnet
11-12-09, 07:40 AM
I think it's getting harder and harder to make a totally original game. There are so many games and game types that exist already that new games are compared to.

Nitz Walsh
11-12-09, 08:09 AM

And like all Treyarch attemps, it will suck compared to IW's.

Be damn funny if it has dedicated servers though. :captnkill:

Cream
11-12-09, 08:24 AM
Will it have dedicated servers? :D

LAN only, Isn't that the NEXT set back from P2P :) ;)

NarcissistZero
11-12-09, 08:29 AM
I think it's getting harder and harder to make a totally original game. There are so many games and game types that exist already that new games are compared to.

I don't mean game type really, just more imagination in scenarios. If they made a future war CoD I bet it would be aliens or earth with some flashy gadgets or something... they lack the imagination to make it a civil war on a colony planet with purple sky and whatever other crazy crap you can think of. Games are grounded in reality, yet they are the one medium that could show us literally anything.

rudedog
11-12-09, 10:05 AM
it's already know that IW does odd year releases and Treyarch does even, which means a new CoD each year but by a different developer.

Maybe IW will focus on Console and Treyarch will focus on the PC more?

AMC_Duke
11-12-09, 10:13 AM
http://www.winontradesports.com/cashcowy.jpg

Retrolock
11-12-09, 11:38 AM
^That's still one fat cow. We'll see COD 3000, Galactic Warfare before it gets sucked inside out.

NarcissistZero
11-12-09, 07:41 PM
it's already know that IW does odd year releases and Treyarch does even, which means a new CoD each year but by a different developer.

Maybe IW will focus on Console and Treyarch will focus on the PC more?

Your theory of IW abandoning PC still makes no sense rudedog, no offense. They put a lot of effort into the PC version this time, even if it was effort toward a goal you don't agree with, and the game is selling like gangbusters.

IW's next CoD will be on PC, have no doubt.