PDA

View Full Version : Anyone played or tried Ratchet and Clank: A crack in Time?

JH24
11-12-09, 01:25 AM
I was wondering, I’m planning to buy a Playstation 3 (My first gaming console) in the coming weeks and one of the first games I’m interested in is Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. The reviews so far are positive but I’m curious if there are people here on this forum who have played this game and what their impressions are of it.

I’m familiar with the Ratchet and Clank series although I never played one before. (Followed the storylines of previous versions)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tUJMi-9xuk

Mr. Hunt
11-12-09, 03:00 AM
I was wondering, I’m planning to buy a Playstation 3 (My first gaming console) in the coming weeks and one of the first games I’m interested in is Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. The reviews so far are positive but I’m curious if there are people here on this forum who have played this game and what their impressions are of it.

I’m familiar with the Ratchet and Clank series although I never played one before. (Followed the storylines of previous versions)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tUJMi-9xuk

I bought it when it came out. Very fun game and the new space stuff is pretty awesome. Would definitely recommend you pick this one up, as well as Tools of Destruction... should be able to get ToD for cheap.

EDIT: But that is not to say you will miss much on the storyline if you skip Tools of Destruction.

Marvel_us
11-12-09, 10:43 AM
Agreed, the game is very polished and has a slew of creative weapon choices. If you like platformers and shooters definitely pick it up. The back story is pretty much explained so you won't be lost throughout the game.

Bigbuck
11-12-09, 02:41 PM
I would recommend any of the Ratchet and Clank games. I only own up to the PS3 games as I do not have a PS3 so I have missed the last 2, or is it 3? I did play the demo of the first PS3 R&C game and it was pretty amazing especially on a 40'' TV lol.

JaylumX
11-12-09, 07:10 PM
Got it on day of release and from what i've played, its very nice (nana2)

Mr. Hunt
11-12-09, 07:47 PM
I would recommend any of the Ratchet and Clank games. I only own up to the PS3 games as I do not have a PS3 so I have missed the last 2, or is it 3? I did play the demo of the first PS3 R&C game and it was pretty amazing especially on a 40'' TV lol.

2 full blown games on the PS3, and one downloadable one that is like 10 bucks on PSN.

JH24
11-13-09, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone! :) Now I'm really looking forward to play the game.

S.I.N
11-13-09, 03:16 PM
Ratchet and Clank is ok but I would say look to other games like Uncharted 1 and 2 first. Also there two demos for it on PSN.

JH24
11-14-09, 12:36 PM
^

Thanks for the advice! Uncharted 2 is definitely another awesome game I want, but I really liked what I saw from Ratchet and Clank and prefer it for the moment above Uncharted if I can only pick one game at a time. I'll try to get Uncharted 2 soon after.