PDA

View Full Version : PC wont post after Bios Update

supra
11-12-09, 06:16 AM
Hey peeps

I have a Asus P5N32-E SLi Plus.

i just updated the Bios thru EZ Flash and now the PC wont post anymore. and wont beep when I turn it on.

All the lights/fans are on though. monitor doesnt turn on.

the bios update went smooth it didnt have any errors or anything. it said PC will restart in 5 seconds and then it restarted and now wont post. :(

anyway i can reflash the bios?

any suggestions?

Revs
11-12-09, 06:39 AM
Hey dude :). Try powering off, unplugging, and remove the BIOS battery for a minute or two. If that fails, remove all but the minimum ammount of hardware you need to POST, ie, everything but one stick of memory, the CPU and the graphics card. Failing that, you might be in trouble.

Did the update go smoothly? Did it confirm a successful update?

supra
11-12-09, 06:42 AM
alright will give a try. i tried to clear the cmos with the jumper and remove battery but didnt work. :(

ill try remove all but minimal hardware.

so i may need a new mobo if this fails? :(

Revs
11-12-09, 06:48 AM
Unless you can replace the BIOS chip somehow, yes :(. Good luck :).

EDIT: I used to get a similar sort of problem with my old Striker Extreme. If I over-did the overclocking it'd do what you're describing. I had to remove the graphics card, turn the rig on for a few seconds, shut down, reinstall the card and boot again. Try turning the PC on with no GFX card or memory, then put em back and try again. It's worth a shot ;).

supra
11-12-09, 06:49 AM
no go with the minimal hardware connected. :(

wot shuld i do? get a new mobo? that wuld suck cos everything was fine before i updated the bios....

Revs
11-12-09, 06:59 AM
In fact, to be sure, take everything out including the CPU and reset the BIOS. Then connect the power cable and the wires to case (inc. the speaker ;)) only. Try and reboot (it might beep an error code, this would be a good sign). Shut down, reinstall the minimum hardware again and retry.

supra
11-12-09, 07:03 AM
alright cool. thnx. ill giv it a shot

EDIT : no go :( i guess i need to buy a new mobo. this sucks balls :(

Revs
11-12-09, 08:16 AM
I'd at least try and get a BIOS chip. Give Asus Support a call, see what they say :).

Or get a busted one of eBay just for the chip >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Asus-P5N32-E-SLI-Plus-Motherboard%28faulty%29_W0QQitemZ250521614791QQcmd ZViewItemQQimsxq20091029?IMSfp=TL091029187001r1643 3

supra
11-12-09, 05:52 PM
im up and running!

i think maybe i just didnt clear the cmos properly first time round. took out the battery and left for 5mins put back in and im back in business!

thnx for the help Revs :D

Maverick123w
11-12-09, 06:15 PM
I was gonna rec. just that. Awesome that it worked!

supra
11-12-09, 07:46 PM
yeh man. i was all ready to bite the bullet and get a new i7 and mobo upgrade

Bigbuck
11-12-09, 11:26 PM
I had that board and it can be a pain in the ass when it comes to BIOS updates. After the third RMA to Asusu they finally gave me a P5NT Deluxe instead.

Revs
11-13-09, 03:29 AM
im up and running!

i think maybe i just didnt clear the cmos properly first time round. took out the battery and left for 5mins put back in and im back in business!

thnx for the help Revs :D

You're welcome, dude. Really glad you got it working :).