PDA

View Full Version : Problems with audio (9600M GT)

Killya
11-14-09, 01:58 PM
Hey guys!

I have a problem :<
I just updated my drivers to version 186.81 for my Nvidia 9600M video card (1GB) version.
I always used my TV screen to connect to my laptop and do some stuff on 2 screens, or just watch a movie from my laptop onto the TV.
I did this by putting my 1080HDMI cable inside the side of my laptop (Acer Aspire 8930G) and the other side in the HDMI slot in my TV.
Before the update (I never updated before the 186.81 version) everything went fine. Now when I connect my TV no sound ocmes out of the TV. In my screen of Audio Devices it does show that it outputs sound, but none comes out of my laptop or TV (when Im only on my laptop the sound DOES work).

I really want to watch movies on my TV again and is there any solution to this? :<
thanks in advance!

P.S. the official Nvidia forums didn't work do I post it here :<

sharangad
11-15-09, 06:52 AM
Did you connect it to the correct HDMI port on your TV?

Some TVs have a special HDMI port designed for PC input (allowing for the native resolution of the screen to be accessed, i.e. most 720p screens have a native resolution of 1360x768. Anything other than the native resolution results in a blurry image. It will also not overscan the picture so the whole image will fit without having to resize the desktop from the graphics card software).

The PC input usually accepts sounds from a separate stereo mini-plug, however some TVs will allow you to select the audio input source and allow you to use HDMI sound or analogue input.

Others like (like Samsung) for instance will allow you to rename the HDMI port in its menu system and changing it from DVI/HDMI/PC to something like blu-ray will allow sound through HDMI with the native resolution of the set (though this is an undocumented feature).

Try another HDMI port and see if you get sound. If you do then that's the problem.

Killya
11-15-09, 12:23 PM
Did you connect it to the correct HDMI port on your TV?

Some TVs have a special HDMI port designed for PC input (allowing for the native resolution of the screen to be accessed, i.e. most 720p screens have a native resolution of 1360x768. Anything other than the native resolution results in a blurry image. It will also not overscan the picture so the whole image will fit without having to resize the desktop from the graphics card software).

The PC input usually accepts sounds from a separate stereo mini-plug, however some TVs will allow you to select the audio input source and allow you to use HDMI sound or analogue input.

Others like (like Samsung) for instance will allow you to rename the HDMI port in its menu system and changing it from DVI/HDMI/PC to something like blu-ray will allow sound through HDMI with the native resolution of the set (though this is an undocumented feature).

Try another HDMI port and see if you get sound. If you do then that's the problem.

My TV has only 1 HDMI port, before the update I did it as well and everything went fine. As well as dual screen or the same screen on both.

snowmanwithahat
11-15-09, 12:27 PM
There's more than likely an option in the drivers to enable audio forwarding through HDMI.

When you removed your video drivers, the audio drivers might have freaked out and no longer could see the HDMI port for audio-out... so check in your audio drivers too. It has to be in one o fthose 2 spots

sharangad
11-15-09, 12:49 PM
In the sound applet of control panel, do you get an HDMI audio device? If you do select it and make it the default audio device.

I would also suggest downloading the nvidia standalone HDMI driver, but that's for geforce motherboard GPUs and probably wouldn't work with a laptop GPU.

Killya
11-16-09, 03:12 PM
In the sound applet of control panel, do you get an HDMI audio device? If you do select it and make it the default audio device.

I would also suggest downloading the nvidia standalone HDMI driver, but that's for geforce motherboard GPUs and probably wouldn't work with a laptop GPU.

I got this message when I tried to open my audio control panel ;P
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7603/thingyli.jpg
It says:
It's detected that the soundchanges for this device created problems

<Name>

Do you want to shut down the Device-driver-changes?
Yes No

Where can I get the update link?

sharangad
11-17-09, 01:55 AM
All platforms:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/hdmi_audio_xp_vista_win7_1.00.00.59.html