PDA

View Full Version : Win 7 installed

Copper915
11-16-09, 07:38 PM
Newbe Question
I have installed win 7 Home 64 bit on my older computer with no internet card in it.
Can I reinstal it on my faster pc with internet or will it not work for second instal
in other words doe's it self activate or do you need to be on line ????
Thanks for your help

supra
11-16-09, 07:55 PM
shuld be ok. i think only oem installs dont let you activate more than once. im not sure though. why not just try?

DiscipleDOC
11-16-09, 08:03 PM
Newbe Question
I have installed win 7 Home 64 bit on my older computer with no internet card in it.
Can I reinstal it on my faster pc with internet or will it not work for second instal
in other words doe's it self activate or do you need to be on line ????
Thanks for your help

You have to be online. You should be fine.

nekrosoft13
11-16-09, 08:35 PM
well, also should be noted that he has to activate within 30 days. unless he does the re-arm trick, so then it is 120 days

JasonPC
11-16-09, 10:22 PM
The keys are supposed to be for one computer though. Although it's probably pretty easy to have the same one activated on two PCs but it's not abiding by the EULA. I believe the computer that's not on the internet can be activated by phone (not online). But this will raise a question to them as they will see that the online PC will likely be activated unless you haven't done so.

Copper915
11-17-09, 09:48 PM
Thanks for your responses
I thought maybe once you install 7 on a pc that maybe there was some futuristic sofware in it that would burn something on the disc rendering it useless for another install. I don't want to install it on both of my pcs just my faster one, Its more up to date, my older one is the fastest of the old AMD 939 duel cores with just 2 Gigs of pc 3200 [corsair xms] 4 512 sticks a good 500 GB drive an His 1 GB 4670 Video card
I will reinstall XP on my older PC.
Thanks again will add signature when I get a chance.

betterdan
11-17-09, 09:50 PM
There is a futuristic quality in Windows 7 install which will render you impotent if you install one disc on more than one machine. Don't ask me how I know, just trust me. Oh yea and it also made my WEI score low.

Limpy

supra
11-17-09, 10:14 PM
There is a futuristic quality in Windows 7 install which will render you impotent if you install one disc on more than one machine. Don't ask me how I know, just trust me. Oh yea and it also made my WEI score low.

Limpy

i can confirm this

Xtra Limpy

wysiwyg
11-19-09, 09:34 AM
Thanks for your responses
I thought maybe once you install 7 on a pc that maybe there was some futuristic sofware in it that would burn something on the disc rendering it useless for another install. I don't want to install it on both of my pcs just my faster one, Its more up to date, my older one is the fastest of the old AMD 939 duel cores with just 2 Gigs of pc 3200 [corsair xms] 4 512 sticks a good 500 GB drive an His 1 GB 4670 Video card
I will reinstall XP on my older PC.
Thanks again will add signature when I get a chance.

http://www.jokechallenge.com/funny_pictures/homers_brain.jpg

:D;)

Copper915
11-19-09, 09:46 PM
http://www.jokechallenge.com/funny_pictures/homers_brain.jpg

:D;)

Thanks now i"m Homer DUHHHH!
Sorry for stupid Questions but I have'nt been up to date with OS for the last 5 years or so.
I thought maybe software might have advanced a little more than it has.