PDA

View Full Version : Is there a review that compares the ti4600 to the new cards?


jfaneuf
06-30-03, 09:22 AM
I had gone out and grabed a 5200 ultra thinking it would be better and was incredibly mistaken I just would like to find out how the new cards compare to what I have if anyone would please fill me in I would be grateful.

CWB
06-30-03, 01:51 PM
Here's couple with TI4200 vs. FX 5200:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1797&p=1
http://www.hexus.net/review.php?review=527&page=1

This one includes a 4800 (4600+AGP 8) vs. FX 5200:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030311/index.html

Here's a 4600 wailing on a 5600:
http://www.novinky.cz/00/89/34.html

Id say the 4600 is faster than the 5200...but maybe further driver revisions and DirectX 9 considerations could outweigh that? Someone smarter than me will be along shortly to help, Im sure...

Martrox
06-30-03, 05:04 PM
Just out....read it and weep...... IF you got a 4600!
http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/ut2003perf/default.asp

john19055
06-30-03, 08:30 PM
Really if you have a TI4600 there is no reason to upgrade unless you get a FX5900 because the TI4600 holds it own untill you get to the FX5900.

StealthHawk
07-01-03, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by jfaneuf
I had gone out and grabed a 5200 ultra thinking it would be better and was incredibly mistaken I just would like to find out how the new cards compare to what I have if anyone would please fill me in I would be grateful.

The gfFX5200 was meant to replace the gf4mx, not the gf4Ti series. Unfortunately, it seems like you just purchased a much less capable card.

Geforce4ti4200
07-01-03, 12:51 AM
in fact the fx5200 is alot like an mx440 except directX 9 and itll not run directX 9 games with eye candy on anyway, so its a moot point :(

jfaneuf
07-01-03, 08:01 AM
I had returned the 5200 ultra when I realized my mistake I had just wanted to make sure I was upgrading when I bought another card and not just upgrading the directx ability. Thank you for the quick responses :D

Sickness
07-01-03, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by john19055
Really if you have a TI4600 there is no reason to upgrade unless you get a FX5900 because the TI4600 holds it own untill you get to the FX5900.

Or you could get a Radeon 9500 Pro, 9600 Pro, 9700 Pro, 9800 Pro. They are all Dx9 and beat the 4600 pretty solidly.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=Radeon&searchdepa=0&page=3

CWB
07-01-03, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Martrox
Just out....read it and weep...... IF you got a 4600!
http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/ut2003perf/default.asp

Huh? That article doesnt even include a 5200...so what am I weeping about? That the 5900 & 9800 beat my 4600? Id be disappointed if they didnt... :p

jAkUp
07-01-03, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by john19055
Really if you have a TI4600 there is no reason to upgrade unless you get a FX5900 because the TI4600 holds it own untill you get to the FX5900.

the 5600 ultra and 5800 both are much better cards than the ti4600 in terms of speed.

Dazz
07-01-03, 04:18 PM
I would say the FX5800 is, but not the FX5600Ultra.

Geforce4ti4200
07-02-03, 02:04 AM
uh no, the new fx5600u is equivelent to a radeon9600 pro in speed and not much faster than the ti4200 unless you use fsaa