PDA

View Full Version : Power supply just bit the dust

betterdan
11-18-09, 05:55 AM
My damn OCZ 1000w power supply just bit the dust this morning, luckily I got it free so no money wasted but now I need a new one quick. I see Best Buy has the Corsair 750W CMPSU750TX for $119.99 and is in stock at a store near me (I know Newegg is a little cheaper but I need it quick like in now) They also have an Antec Earthwatts 650W EA 650 for $79.99 (same price as Newegg)
For the setup in my sig do you think the 650W would be enough and what about the Antec 3 rails compared to the Corsair 1 rail? Should I just spend a little more and go with the 750w Corsair?
Thanks

mullet
11-18-09, 09:42 AM
I would go 750 watt minimum. 1 rail is the way to go vs multi rails. This way you don't have wasted power left over on a rail that could be used on another rail. 1 rail and never worry about what to put on what rail. I would go corsair.

betterdan
11-18-09, 09:52 AM
10-4 sir I figured that would be the best but I was just thinking cheap as usual. ;)

I guess I'll head over there after work and get it. I can live without Directv and phone service but no way in hell can I do without a computer at home. :p

grey_1
11-18-09, 10:02 AM
My damn OCZ 1000w power supply just bit the dust this morning, luckily I got it free so no money wasted but now I need a new one quick. I see Best Buy has the Corsair 750W CMPSU750TX for $119.99 and is in stock at a store near me (I know Newegg is a little cheaper but I need it quick like in now) They also have an Antec Earthwatts 650W EA 650 for $79.99 (same price as Newegg)
For the setup in my sig do you think the 650W would be enough and what about the Antec 3 rails compared to the Corsair 1 rail? Should I just spend a little more and go with the 750w Corsair?
Thanks

I just got the 750 HX from Corsair. A little pricier, but I wanted the modular cabling.

It's silent, runs cool and is rock solid stable.

From experience (4 DOAs in under 2 months) do not buy an Antec.

mullet
11-18-09, 10:15 AM
I just got the 750 HX from Corsair. A little pricier, but I wanted the modular cabling.

There all I usta buy for years but they have gone down hill.

betterdan
11-18-09, 10:31 AM

I'd like the modular one also but I'm cheap and most importantly Best Buy doesn't carry it. I just talked my wife into going to Best Buy and buying a power supply when she gets off at 3:00 then when I get off at 5:00 I can come home and install it.

grey_1
11-18-09, 10:34 AM
I'd like the modular one also but I'm cheap and most importantly Best Buy doesn't carry it. I just talked my wife into going to Best Buy and buying a power supply when she gets off at 3:00 then when I get off at 5:00 I can come home and install it.

Hope it works good for you bro - the last one I had just died, but it ran well for a couple years at least. Let us know how it works out for you.

grey_1
11-18-09, 10:35 AM
There all I usta buy for years but they have gone down hill.

Same here mullet, I used to swear by them.

methimpikehoses
11-18-09, 10:47 AM
I have a spare PC Power & Cooling 750W that I was planning to sell... it's a year old but works great, not modular though. PM me if you are interested.

See sig.

mullet
11-18-09, 10:57 AM
Hell yeah Dan get the PC Power & Cooling 750W!!!!!

grey_1
11-18-09, 11:09 AM
I have a spare PC Power & Cooling 750W that I was planning to sell... it's a year old but works great, not modular though. PM me if you are interested.

See sig.

+1

There you go dude! Meth will even pay for over night shipping for you....:cool:

Seriously - go a night or 2 without your pc and grab this.

methimpikehoses
11-18-09, 11:16 AM
+1

There you go dude! Meth will even pay for over night shipping for you....:cool:

Seriously - go a night or 2 without your pc and grab this.

fixe :p

grey_1
11-18-09, 12:15 PM
fixe :p

Didn't figure that would take long :p

betterdan
11-18-09, 02:42 PM
:rofl
Thanks Meth but my wife is probably at Best Buy by now.

Hope it works good for you bro - the last one I had just died, but it ran well for a couple years at least. Let us know how it works out for you.

I'm getting the Corsair not the Antec. I just meant I was too cheap to pay extra for the modular Corsair PS ;)

grey_1
11-18-09, 04:14 PM
:rofl
Thanks Meth but my wife is probably at Best Buy by now.

I'm getting the Corsair not the Antec. I just meant I was too cheap to pay extra for the modular Corsair PS ;)

Corsair some good stuff...

betterdan
11-18-09, 09:47 PM
I got home and my wife didn't go get it for me because she thought it was at the store closest to us and when she found out it was at the other store which was a little farther she said forget it. :(

I went and got it myself and got it installed. Working like a charm again now. :thumbsup:

mullet
11-18-09, 11:30 PM
LOL dan has no patients. Good stuff.

betterdan
11-19-09, 04:16 AM
Yea that's pretty bad that I can't go a day without the internet... I probably need to get out more. :bleh: