PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with Call of Cthulhu DCOTE

HiCZoK4
11-19-09, 11:12 AM
HI. I reinstalled Call of cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth which is one of my favourite and one of most underrated horror games imo.

I have ONE SIMPLE PROBLEM.... at the start of the game sky is PINK! I knew that multisampling was causing some of the elements to be pink or shining, but I have aa turned off and the sky is making a horror game a nice and funny fairytale for Craingers and Bigmans :headexplode:

AdamK47
11-19-09, 10:58 PM
I have the game installed on my system. When I tried the game out a couple of weeks ago I didn't have that problem. It looked good. Too bad the game doesn't support widescreen. I play it at 1440x1080 with black bars on the sides.

CaptNKILL
11-19-09, 11:30 PM
This is an awesome game. I want to replay it some time soon.

That's a shame that it doesn't have widescreen support though. :(

I'll have to play it at 1600x1200 with black bars.

HiCZoK4
11-20-09, 02:26 AM
Well I am on 195.55 and aspect correction is not working. Will have to reinstall to whql drivers.

And about the pink sky. It apears only in prologue. After that I think everything is normal.

Anyway I couldnt resist and played through the prologue and some early part of the game. AND DAMN! its just as I remember. So very atmosperic and very scary. I love that adventure feel of the game. Graphics are A bit blocky but still ok and work on Your mind. Remember I was waiting almost 4 years for this game and whet it came out on PC I was playing it with jaw on the floor :D Going to fix aspect ratio and Continue.

HiCZoK4
11-20-09, 02:28 AM
ps. That early scene with the child and mommy on the attic is one of most memorable in Horror genre to me :D

HiCZoK4
11-21-09, 03:39 AM
Founds a weird way to enable Nvidia aspect correction with new drivers.

Click on Nvidia Scaling with fixed ar. BUT DONT click apply at bottom. Run the game. Exit the game. Then select it again and click apply. Restart. It should be there. However nvidia always had problem with this

NaitoSan
11-21-09, 05:51 AM
I forgot I have it for XBOX. Playing it in 360 made game look a little better with AA applied. I really should play and finish it. Kept hearing great stuff about it.

HiCZoK4
11-21-09, 06:57 AM
You must finish it Natio! when You already get guns its more of survival horror but it still have great atmosphere and story is quite interesting