PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP mode and old games

Rakeesh
11-19-09, 11:53 PM
I'm thinking about installing XP mode for some old games (namely starcraft) but before I take the time, does anybody know if its possible to apply any kind of linear pixel scaling to enlarge the game graphics without LCD blur?

I know starcraft in particular works fine in 7, but I want to run it in some kind of VM that will allow me to scale the graphics up without making it blurry.

betterdan
11-20-09, 05:35 AM
The XP mode in Win 7 does not support 3d gaming.

Rakeesh
11-20-09, 03:15 PM
The XP mode in Win 7 does not support 3d gaming.

Not trying to do anything 3d.

betterdan
11-20-09, 11:25 PM
ok

Mr Bigman
12-12-09, 12:35 AM
All it is is virtual pc with xp imbedded into it.

ViN86
12-12-09, 12:37 AM
They released a program to change Diablo 2 resolutions. Maybe they did the same for Starcraft. Check google. You may be able to run Starcraft at your native resolution.

Shamrock
12-12-09, 09:29 PM
They released a program to change Diablo 2 resolutions. Maybe they did the same for Starcraft. Check google. You may be able to run Starcraft at your native resolution.

care to elaborate on Diablo II? What program?

Rakeesh
12-12-09, 10:24 PM

Somebody released a similar thing for starcraft, but since it modifies the game executable you can't play it multiplayer, which is pretty much all starcraft is good for these days.