PDA

View Full Version : FRONTLINES: FUEL OF WAR 75% OFF **** YEAH!

Pages : [1] 2

Retrolock
11-20-09, 02:37 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/9460/

It's time to rock baby! It's not on beta anymore!

Blade
11-20-09, 07:46 AM
Roflmao, game is dead.

Burnt_Ram
11-20-09, 08:17 AM
Roflmao, game is dead.

especially now that Win7 is out. the game runs like crap on Win7! and i highly dought they'll patch it ...

crainger
11-20-09, 08:35 AM
LOL

I have this game on my Steam list and I don't remember buying it. ::o:

NarcissistZero
11-20-09, 08:46 AM
I got it on Direct2Drive for $5... for that cheap I actually suggest it to hardcore FPS nuts like myself, the campaign is worth the cost of a hamburger.

mojoman0
11-20-09, 05:06 PM
haha I feel so bad that this game died so miserably. It was made by KAOS, the guys that made the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942 which was so popular it took over the real game in popularity. I never owned this but I liked the idea of controlling little drone robots around the battlefield. Sounded fun but why didn't this game ever catch on?

nekrosoft13
11-20-09, 05:12 PM
why didn't this game ever catch on?

because it was horrible game

Fuku2
11-20-09, 05:56 PM
Ahhh. The BF 1942 mod that everyone loved for free and when they helped make BF2 they got booted afterwards. Then they created Frontlines which almost no one bought. The hell with support for the small guy, I want your stuff for free! I am glad to indulge them. :)

MowTin
11-21-09, 04:00 PM
I never owned this but I liked the idea of controlling little drone robots around the battlefield. Sounded fun but why didn't this game ever catch on?

I have friends who love this game on the XBox. I play it sometimes with them and it's really good. I have no idea why it didn't catch on.

I suspect it's hard to sell a multi-player focused game unless you've developed a reputation. If it were named Battlefield Drone Wars it would have sold more. :)

methimpikehoses
11-21-09, 04:07 PM
Amuro never really recovered after this game flopped. :(

ATi
11-21-09, 04:20 PM
Sounded fun but why didn't this game ever catch on?it was fun but it didn't had any ranking system :(

mailman2
11-21-09, 10:14 PM
I bought it ---- cause its $7.50. Why not.

Burnt_Ram
11-22-09, 08:07 AM

let us know how it runs on *your* Win7 install ;)

jcossin
11-22-09, 02:18 PM
That game is a **TURD**, unfortunately I paid $25 for it... GRRRR......

JasonPC
11-22-09, 08:12 PM
It's such a waste of harddrive space to me. It's such a huge game (gigabyte wise) but yet such a mediocre one.

crainger
11-23-09, 12:28 AM

For real? It was 3USD on my Steam.

LordJuanlo
11-23-09, 03:28 AM
It's €2.49

Burnt_Ram
11-23-09, 08:46 AM
For real? It was 3USD on my Steam.

its not even worth that untill they make it work on Win7. dozens of people on their forums that claim it runs like utter crap on 7. i know from experience its a slide show :(

i highly dought KAOS will do anything about it though. to bad, its a fun game actually ...

crainger
11-23-09, 01:49 PM
It would cost bucket loads to do a patch, are KAOS even still together?

Burnt_Ram
11-23-09, 03:44 PM
It would cost bucket loads to do a patch, are KAOS even still together?

not sure if they're still together, but i heard a rumor there's gunna be a FFOW 2? can't remember where i read that though ...

NarcissistZero
11-23-09, 05:20 PM
They are making another game, something about Korea invading the US. I read about it in PC gamer... supposedly more singleplayer focused this time. The screenshots look amazing.

Burnt_Ram
11-23-09, 06:54 PM
They are making another game, something about Korea invading the US. I read about it in PC gamer... supposedly more singleplayer focused this time. The screenshots look amazing.

really, that sounds interesting. if you run across any screens please post them ;)

Armed_Baboon
11-23-09, 07:09 PM
its not even worth that untill they make it work on Win7. dozens of people on their forums that claim it runs like utter crap on 7. i know from experience its a slide show :(

i highly dought KAOS will do anything about it though. to bad, its a fun game actually ...

I guess that's one thing Vista has over Win7 eh :)

I would actually love it someone could explain to me wny Win7 is so much better than Vista... From playing with it in the shop it seems exactly the same, just a different task bar setup and a few gimmicks that I would never use.

Blade
11-24-09, 08:01 AM
I guess that's one thing Vista has over Win7 eh :)

I would actually love it someone could explain to me wny Win7 is so much better than Vista... From playing with it in the shop it seems exactly the same, just a different task bar setup and a few gimmicks that I would never use.

One word, Performance!

W7 uses half the resources Vista does just to run the desktop.

Another word, Compatability!

No issues with installing hardware, most common drivers are allready installed in W7 so you don't have to trawl the internet trying to find em!

It's allround the what Vista should have been at release, get it you wont be dissapointed.

Armed_Baboon
11-24-09, 05:33 PM
One word, Performance!

W7 uses half the resources Vista does just to run the desktop.

Another word, Compatability!

No issues with installing hardware, most common drivers are allready installed in W7 so you don't have to trawl the internet trying to find em!

It's allround the what Vista should have been at release, get it you wont be dissapointed.

see that doesn't sound so impressive for me... I have no shortage of resources to run my vista desktop. My outlook runs fine :)

and I have drivers for all my hardware...

back OT: I wonder if we will see a surge in player numbers with this special?