PDA

View Full Version : Tron 2.0 MP demo.

RAY16
06-30-03, 11:07 PM
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/tron2/

The TRON 2.0 multiplayer demo contains a Light Cycle tutorial and a single-player Light Cycle map called Conscript's Revenge where you duel with four A.I. opponents, while multiplayer is available in Light Cycle mode (max. 8 players) on Conscript's Revenge as well as Disc Arena and Disc Arena Tournament modes (max. 16 players) on the Corrupted Sector map.

System Requirements

If your system does not meet any one of the following Minimum System Requirements, TRON 2.0 will not perform properly.

Minimum Recommended

Operating Microsoft® Windows® 98/Me/2000*/XP*
System

Processor Pentium III/AMD Athlon 500Mhz Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 1Ghz

RAM 128MB RAM (256MB for WinXP) 256MB RAM

Hard Disk 450MB free hard drive space
Space Additional hard drive space for a Windows swap file
and saved game files

Video Card 32MB Direct3D-compatible video 64MB Direct3D-compatible video
card with Hardware T&L, 32-bit card with Hardware T&L, 32-bit
color, DirectX 9-compatible color, DirectX 9-compatible

Sound Card 16-bit DirectX 9-compatible 16-bit DirectX 9-compatible
sound card sound card, supporting 32
hardware 3D voices and EAX 2.0

CD-ROM 8X CD-ROM 32X CD ROM

Internet 56k modem, DSL, Cable Modem or LAN for Multi-play

DirectX DirectX 9 (included)

Web Browser Java-compatible Web Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer 5.0 or
Netscape Navigator 4.7 or later)

IMPORTANT!

In addition to meeting the Minimum System Requirements, it is highly recommended that you ensure that your computer's components are utilizing the most recent software drivers.

Supported Video Chipsets:**

NVIDIA GeForce4; NVIDIA GeForce3; NVIDIA GeForce2; ATI Radeon 9700; ATI Radeon 9000; ATI Radeon 8500; ATI Radeon 7500; ATI Radeon 7200; Matrox Parhelia 512

* With the most recent Service Pack

** Please refer to the FAQs section of this eManual for up-to-date information on supported and unsupported video chipsets.

Sazar
06-30-03, 11:18 PM
that was one of the worst experiences of my life :(

/me goes back to play f12002...

my goodness... if only they had released a SP demo which was first person with the discs I would have been a lot happier...

riding round on them light thingers was the most boring experience in gaming I have had since playing ut2k3 sp...

RAY16
07-01-03, 12:43 AM
lol. That bad, eh?.... Hmmm... Maybe i won't spend 10 hours downloading it then. Anybody else try it yet?

Smokey
07-01-03, 07:20 AM
I agree 100% with Sazar, pretty damn boring, seems a bit like 3D snake. Not worth the 170mb dl, best waiting for the demo that has FP weapons etc. Performance wise, ran fine on my set up @ 1024*768 all details max and EAX3, never dropped below 50fps, but then aagain, there really isnt much on screen, just a big open space :p

Sazar
07-01-03, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
I agree 100% with Sazar, pretty damn boring, seems a bit like 3D snake. Not worth the 170mb dl, best waiting for the demo that has FP weapons etc. Performance wise, ran fine on my set up @ 1024*768 all details max and EAX3, never dropped below 50fps, but then aagain, there really isnt much on screen, just a big open space :p

yah... it ran fine... but I don't think there was anything really graphically demanding out there...

btw I ran all optins maxed @ 1600x1200...

adv1
07-01-03, 11:09 AM
The LightCycles game is quite fun actually, though it might get dull after a while. It's probably only a small part of the full game anyway.

I'd like to try the Disc Arena/ Tournament mode but everytime I try to connect to a server the game locks up and I have to restart my PC...anyone know how to fix this?

GlowStick
07-01-03, 01:01 PM
I enterd a disc game, and all i have to say is its modeled after Richchet, a Half-Life mod made by valve, valves is better.

The light cycles, omg those were gay.

The graphcis pritty much suck, it uses the Lith-Tech engine, withc has a 70% chance of just 'closeing' when trying to connect to a online game.

Meanwhile, my system is rendering it way over 60fps max AA max AF

Smokey
07-01-03, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
I enterd a disc game, and all i have to say is its modeled after Richchet, a Half-Life mod made by valve, valves is better.

The light cycles, omg those were gay.

The graphcis pritty much suck, it uses the Lith-Tech engine, withc has a 70% chance of just 'closeing' when trying to connect to a online game.

Meanwhile, my system is rendering it way over 60fps max AA max AF

Well hmm I tried playing MP and the damn thing just froze up, couldnt do anything, pc was still fine, I just couldnt get to the desktop at all, so I gave up.

GlowStick
07-01-03, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
Well hmm I tried playing MP and the damn thing just froze up, couldnt do anything, pc was still fine, I just couldnt get to the desktop at all, so I gave up.

Yeah, eather it will lock up or just crash to the desktop. I guess you got the shorter end of the stick.

The Lith-Tech engine allways sucked.

Matthyahuw
07-01-03, 07:39 PM
not a bad game, online play is fun, but the netcode sux my buttocks, and I'm on a 1.5Mbit cable connection!

GlowStick
07-01-03, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
not a bad game, online play is fun, but the netcode sux my buttocks, and I'm on a 1.5Mbit cable connection!

yeah the best server i get like 500ms

adv1
07-03-03, 05:43 PM
Someone mentioned on one of the Tron forums, a free game called 'Armagetron' :
http://armagetron.sourceforge.net/tron.html

If you like the demo's lightcycles game you should try this, it's pretty similar and very addictive, and you can also play two-player splitscreen games :)

Matthyahuw
07-03-03, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by adv1
Someone mentioned on one of the Tron forums, a free game called 'Armagetron' :
http://armagetron.sourceforge.net/tron.html

If you like the demo's lightcycles game you should try this, it's pretty similar and very addictive, and you can also play two-player splitscreen games :) ya, used to play that a lot, pretty fun!

kyleb
07-04-03, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by GlowStick

lol, richchet was modeled after tron; were have you been for the past 20 years? :D

besides, richchet is very 2d in the sense that you can only throw your disk forward; were tron2.0 allows you to aim both horizontally and vertically. also you can steer the disk, block opponents disks and nock out the platforms from below their feet. it is really quite fun although there is a lot of crappy servers out there which makes finding a good one somewhat tricky. the lightcycles are fun as well although you really need a good ping for that as it is extremely fast paced game play.

GlowStick
07-04-03, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by kyleb
lol, richchet was modeled after tron; were have you been for the past 20 years? :D

NOT BORN!

i dont think ive seen tron heh!

kyleb
07-04-03, 09:42 AM
lol, ya fair enough, i kinda figured that after i posted actualy. :)

oh, and as for the grapics of the game; as mentioned above they are nothing too impressive but they really do capture the look of the movie very well.