PDA

View Full Version : Dues Ex 3 PC Exclusive?

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
11-25-09, 05:54 PM
Doubt it, but who really knows at this point:

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=104683

|MaguS|
11-25-09, 05:58 PM
It's a SquareEnix game... it's coming to consoles.

NarcissistZero
11-25-09, 06:42 PM
They actually said once before the game was "only confirmed for PC."

I doubt it will be a real exclusive though, that just makes no economic sense. It might launch first on PC, and/or the console version might be somewhat different with the same assets, but I doubt it will be a true exclusive.

If they go crazy though and make it an exclusive, make it graphically amazing and boost the PC hardware industry and make it some kind of online-all-the-time anti-piracy thing, it could do amazing things for the PC gamer scene. I do NOT expect this, I am just saying...

Noriega
11-25-09, 07:24 PM
I hope soo. Maybe PC release only will make this game something deeper than another console style dumbeddown shooter.

crainger
11-25-09, 10:22 PM
**** that. It will be PCalised. Probably have to use like 10-15 keys and 3 mouse buttons. Probably support crappy mods they make the game replayable. I mean why play a game more than once? Plus the graphics will be too good. If they are too good I wont want to go back to my 360 and PS3.

mailman2
11-25-09, 10:37 PM
I just want consoles to die in a fire. If you can't afford a gaming PC you shouldn't be a gamer.

..and yes I own a 360.

NarcissistZero
11-25-09, 11:21 PM
**** that. It will be PCalised. Probably have to use like 10-15 keys and 3 mouse buttons. Probably support crappy mods they make the game replayable. I mean why play a game more than once? Plus the graphics will be too good. If they are too good I wont want to go back to my 360 and PS3.

Probably won't even have auto-aim, it's freaking Half-Life all over again.

CaptNKILL
11-26-09, 12:27 AM
Holy ****.

This is surprising news. I'm still very interested in the game whether its on consoles or not, but I believe it'd be better if it was a PC exclusive.

v3rninater
11-26-09, 02:22 AM
...and that it won't be getting a console release due to the complexity of the game...

Now that is GOOD NEWS!!!!

I remember the first one was sooo complex and ingenious that it would of been impossible to put everything on a console version of the game.

I really hope it's huge and intricate like the first one, and that it has tons of upgrades, skills, weapons, items, and puzzles to figure out. I loved the first one because you could basically kill 2 people in the whole game if you wanted. You could stun everyone else, and be all stealth. Or you could go heavy weapons, laying waste to everything you see.

The best part for me was, when you went in to steal the special dragon sword, that was this shiz, I still remember that to this day.

NarcissistZero
11-26-09, 03:07 AM
The PS2 version of Deus Ex was pretty good actually, and included everything the PC version had.

It's not the technology of consoles that limit things, it's publishers wanting as many people as possible to play the game.

crainger
11-26-09, 03:11 AM
I hear it'll be dual mouse control and will require TrackIR.

CaptNKILL
11-26-09, 05:26 AM
Now that is GOOD NEWS!!!!

I remember the first one was sooo complex and ingenious that it would of been impossible to put everything on a console version of the game.

I really hope it's huge and intricate like the first one, and that it has tons of upgrades, skills, weapons, items, and puzzles to figure out. I loved the first one because you could basically kill 2 people in the whole game if you wanted. You could stun everyone else, and be all stealth. Or you could go heavy weapons, laying waste to everything you see.

The best part for me was, when you went in to steal the special dragon sword, that was this shiz, I still remember that to this day.

It still bugs me that that sword took up 4 inventory spaces even though it worked like a light saber with the blade stored in the hilt when not in use. :bleh:

crainger
11-26-09, 05:37 AM
I always got the mod that made it only take up two I think it was.

CaptNKILL
11-26-09, 02:32 PM
I always got the mod that made it only take up two I think it was.

There was a mod for that?

I can't believe I never thought to look for such a thing... :lol:

Then again, I never looked for any mods for that game other than graphical upgrades. It never seemed to need any improvements.

crainger
11-26-09, 11:27 PM
There were very few mods back when it was out, there are quite a few now, but still few that tweaked the existing SP. Even then I think a patch broke them all and no one bothered to update their mods.

I always used the Dragon Sword mod and the mod that changed speed running into bullet time. It was cool, dodging bullets while the UNATCO guy say "He's too fast!".

NarcissistZero
11-26-09, 11:50 PM
They denied this today, FYI.

SHOCK.

crainger
11-26-09, 11:53 PM
Oh, so now that means it'll be consolised. **** that.

Sluggish controls, auto aim, no dedicated servers. Lame!

Sazar
11-27-09, 01:25 AM
I was burnt by Deus Ex 2 so I am going to reserve judgement on this one :(

A perfect example of taking a fantastic game with a deep and variable storyline and completely dumbing it down and screwing it up for the sequel.

:(

I actually wouldn't mind a refreshed, high-res version of the original released again. I WOULD buy that.

NarcissistZero
11-27-09, 03:16 AM
Invisible War is awesome if you stop comparing it to Deus Ex when playing it.

Well, that and forgive the small areas.

v3rninater
11-27-09, 06:19 AM
I was burnt by Deus Ex 2 so I am going to reserve judgement on this one :(

A perfect example of taking a fantastic game with a deep and variable storyline and completely dumbing it down and screwing it up for the sequel.

:(

I actually wouldn't mind a refreshed, high-res version of the original released again. I WOULD buy that.

Ya know, I was flipping through Crysis Mods and I was just thinking the same thing. Why not re-make DX1 for the Cry2 Engine, why the heck not!?!??!

I'll bet you could market the shiz out of that, and people would be all over that game. GAH what I wouldn't give for a billion bucks and a full game making studio with great modders/game creators to boot!!

Gosh darn, if they did it right, I would pay 100 bucks for that game, especially if they enhanced the realism, and made it much broader.

Crow_Nest
11-27-09, 06:20 AM
I hope its PC exclusive. We deserve it. :)

crainger
11-27-09, 06:21 AM
and gave Anna Navara bigger jugs.

Way to butt in Crow. ::bleh::

|MaguS|
11-27-09, 08:53 AM
They denied this today, FYI.

SHOCK.

LOL

I can't believe anyone would actually think this true. Yes a publisher that has never shown exclusive support for the PC was going to make an Exclusive game for a big IP like this.

nekrosoft13
11-27-09, 10:35 AM

how can you stop comparing it, it a game in the same series with same main title. of course people will compare it

Sazar
11-27-09, 11:35 AM

Unlike Far Cry 2 which has nothing in common with its predecessor, Deus Ex 2 has the SAME protagonist. How can you NOT compare the 2?

The first game was one of the greatest of all time. The second was an abysmal pile of crap, dumbed down for consoles and removing all that was good about the original.