PDA

View Full Version : Steam, Modern Warfare2 and save game

JediKnight
11-25-09, 10:07 PM
I had some issue with multiplayer MW2 and uninstalled steam. I didnt know it also uninstalled MW2. Did I just loose all my stats and game saves? I hate this!!!

Bigbuck
11-25-09, 10:20 PM
I would assume since the game uses Steamworks that they would be saved online unlike CoD4. I don't have the game so I have no idea.

NarcissistZero
11-25-09, 10:27 PM
I actually reformated recently and did not save MW2's stuff because it said it uses steamcloud, but when I reinstalled and loaded it it had saved nothing. No big deal as I would start over to play it through again anyway, but kind of odd.

bob saget
11-25-09, 10:31 PM
I had some issue with multiplayer MW2 and uninstalled steam. I didnt know it also uninstalled MW2. Did I just loose all my stats and game saves? I hate this!!!

you should be able to keep your ingame achievements though, so people know ur cool.

NarcissistZero
11-25-09, 10:38 PM
you should be able to keep your ingame achievements though, so people know ur cool.

I saw someone post on the Steam forums the other day that they only bought Left 4 Dead 2 for the achievements.

bob saget
11-25-09, 10:47 PM
I saw someone post on the Steam forums the other day that they only bought Left 4 Dead 2 for the achievements.

:bleh:

lee63
11-25-09, 10:58 PM
I had some issue with multiplayer MW2 and uninstalled steam. I didnt know it also uninstalled MW2. Did I just loose all my stats and game saves? I hate this!!!Your stats will still be there in MP but your SP saves will be gone...I just reformatted BTW ;)

K007
11-26-09, 01:55 AM
erm afik mw2 doesnt save online, its still client side in ure pc. which is why people have edited the mp profile to have lvl 70 x 10 prestige.

i love iwnet!!! Its the best thing to come to the PC gaming. Stops hackers and piracy.

WeReWoLf
11-26-09, 06:00 AM
Woo! It appears steam has deleted my key and expects me to shell out nearly $100 again!

Edit: It appears this was due to the purge of non-legit keys. Contacting steam support to get my key reinstated.

NarcissistZero
11-26-09, 10:07 AM
Woo! It appears steam has deleted my key and expects me to shell out nearly $100 again!

Edit: It appears this was due to the purge of non-legit keys. Contacting steam support to get my key reinstated.

Where'd you buy the game?

JediKnight
11-26-09, 09:44 PM
Thanks Im gonna hope when I reinstall now. WIsh me luck. :-)

crainger
11-26-09, 10:41 PM

It's sad, legit guys like Wolph get stuffed around because others, some members here, use sites like g2play...

WeReWoLf
11-26-09, 11:15 PM
Funny thing is though crainger, grey trade is perfectly legal and is ACCC and Fair Trading protected within Australia, so if you really felt like it, you could take Activision/Valve to court over it.

WeReWoLf
11-26-09, 11:16 PM
Where'd you buy the game?

Gametraders in town here. $92

S.I.N
11-27-09, 03:00 PM
Why the **** pay so much? Just get dudes here to gift you all the games and pay them with paypal or something. Surely that's cheaper.

JediKnight
11-27-09, 07:10 PM
OK, my MP profile and rating is intact but it looks like Im gonna have to do the SP campaign, and lost my Special Ops save. Ok, here we go...... It was fun so it sint too bad.

mailman2
11-27-09, 08:14 PM
Why the **** pay so much? Just get dudes here to gift you all the games and pay them with paypal or something. Surely that's cheaper.

With the region locks, you might get banned - just like the grey market keys recently did.

Crow_Nest
11-29-09, 10:31 AM
Savegames are found inside the "players" folder inside the MW2 directory in steam.

settings_c.zip.iw4 and settings_s.zip.iw4 are the two most important files you'll want to keep. Uninstalling steam will remove all these files.