PDA

View Full Version : Installing Games Sucks

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Bigman
11-26-09, 07:53 PM
I really had it with this games for windows bs, I have a good copy of nfs prostreet right?

Well i install it in a perfectly good working vista pc being the htpc for racing and it installs fine right, well their is no shortcuts in startmenu or games for windows, and no desktop shortcut well their is that add remove entry though.

So i install the game thinking i can play it right, well guess what? it starts and i get that dreded nfs has stop responding crap right even after i patch the game.

I even have to resort to downloading a patched .exe for the game cuz even FEAR did this to unteil i found a fixed .exe for it to work.

So why dodn't these games work right and why do i have to resort to downlaoding these fixed.exe's at times and that didn't work in nfs by the say so i removed it.

I buy games and go to use them and they like to stop respodning when their installed like afew others i encountered with vista.

breathemetal
11-26-09, 08:02 PM
**** windows

Mr Bigman
11-26-09, 08:24 PM
I got it shaw, i blew my nose and reinstalled the game in the OS drive instead and that solved it.

it appears Vista doesn't like those installing games to storage drives or different drive letters. and yea Windows does suck ass but their is always ubuntu .

This is painful now since i have to go through this gain, should just stick to workouts and hire geeks to install the crap for me.

breathemetal
11-26-09, 08:28 PM
Im not even really into the whole computer thing lately.
Ill keep this rig until i just cant play any games on it, then force myself to upgrade.
The gym consumes me

a12ctic
11-26-09, 08:44 PM
Its because Microsoft's third party software makers don't care about standards and Microsoft doesn't care about enforcing standards. It baffles me that Windows doesn't have any sort of package management. It just doesn't make sense. Yum and apt-get make installing and keeping your software up to date so much more elegant.

supra
11-26-09, 09:04 PM
hmm. ive neva had any problem installing any game on windows and i run my games on a dedicated drive.

maybe peifok :D

nekrosoft13
11-26-09, 09:22 PM
hmm. ive neva had any problem installing any game on windows and i run my games on a dedicated drive.

educated folks that keep their machines in good shape don't have issues

Armed_Baboon
11-26-09, 10:03 PM
Mr Bigman, you're obviously severely retarded if you can't install a game successfully. Buy a PS3 or XBOX, they are specifically designed for retards.

ATi
11-26-09, 10:17 PM
Mr Bigman, you're obviously severely retarded if you can't install a game successfully. Buy a PS3 or XBOX, they are specifically designed for retards.don't be a ass man:thumbdwn:

crainger
11-26-09, 10:20 PM
Go back to your consoles Bigman! ::(:

Albo
11-26-09, 11:10 PM
Mr Bigman, you're obviously severely retarded if you can't install a game successfully. Buy a PS3 or XBOX, they are specifically designed for retards.

HEY! don't talk to the bigman like that, shaw. He'll snap you in half shaw

Mr Bigman
11-26-09, 11:32 PM
Thanks guys luv all of yeas but got it working fine.

Just did the install on the main drive and that worked fine and noticed the patch was eur no us.

bob saget
11-26-09, 11:35 PM

Just did the install on the main drive and that worked fine and noticed the patch was eur no us.

oh that makes cereal.

ATi
11-26-09, 11:46 PM

Just did the install on the main drive and that worked fine and noticed the patch was eur no us.big man are you going to smash Armed Baboon into 1 billion bits and put him in your water and drink him?!

crainger
11-27-09, 05:25 AM
Don't suck up to the Bigman. You'll get a mouthful you can't handle.

nutcrackr
11-27-09, 05:30 AM
**** games

Sean_W
11-27-09, 07:31 AM
This happens with Fallout 3 in Windows 7. There is no menu items at all and it's not in the Games Explorer.

grey_1
11-27-09, 07:43 AM
This happens with Fallout 3 in Windows 7. There is no menu items at all and it's not in the Games Explorer.

I've had this with many games in vista. The lack of menu items doesn't bother me, but GE is nothing but a worthless app with limited support that was developed to attempt to convince us gamers that MS supports us.

Nothing will convince me otherwise. :lol:

Airbrushkid
11-27-09, 08:35 AM
It's easy to do. I have about 70 games installed on a different hard drive then the OS. And all the shortcuts installed into Vista's Game folder. I created a fold on the other hard drive and called it Game installs. When the game installs I don't let it pick the Program Files folder I pick my Game installs folder. That's all.

|MaguS|
11-27-09, 08:44 AM
I install games like normal... never had any issue with any game, you're just a retard.

crainger
11-27-09, 09:01 AM
I've had this with many games in vista. The lack of menu items doesn't bother me, but GE is nothing but a worthless app with limited support that was developed to attempt to convince us gamers that MS supports us.

Nothing will convince me otherwise. :lol:

I use Steam, the overlay is always handy. Easy to open a website if the lappy isn't handy.

grey_1
11-27-09, 09:04 AM
I use Steam, the overlay is always handy. Easy to open a website if the lappy isn't handy.

If the game has a key doesn't this tie that key to your account? Other than that I'd say yes, I prefer steam's overlay too.

LordJuanlo
11-27-09, 09:11 AM
I start all my games via Xfire

Sean_W
11-27-09, 09:20 AM
I install games like normal... never had any issue with any game, you're just a retard.

Yeah, I bet you have a special fanboy edition of Windows, were everything works perfectly.

|MaguS|
11-27-09, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I bet you have a special fanboy edition of Windows, were everything works perfectly.

Yup, it's called Windows 7 Sony Edition.