PDA

View Full Version : i7 gaming pc for sale/trade

R_age
11-30-09, 11:19 AM
You need to register with MikeC.

DD

scgt1
11-30-09, 11:26 AM
Hey me again. LOL I bought the saitek keyboard. Do you have a local craigslist? Over the years I've noticed on hardware forums very seldom a complete build sells as a whole. The usually always end up getting parted out unfortunatly. I might be interested in some parts in the future if you still have it up and are willing to part. You should register at hardforum though there is alot more traffic there and you might have better luck in selling.

You have to have 50 posts to sell there though.

Sazar
11-30-09, 11:32 AM
R_age, are you registered with Mike?

scgt1
11-30-09, 11:46 AM
R_age, are you registered with Mike?

He meets the requirements:
8. Any person selling on the For Sale forum must have at least 6 months membership with nVnews or a post count of no less than 500

He has been here since '06

I don't get the whole registering with Mike C thing though. I sent details to him via pm the day I registered. Never received a call or anything and I'm not on the list. So I don't get the point????

Users should be able to just list their contact details in their fs thread if they aren't in the requirements. I don't get the whole 500 post count thing. Most forums are just 50 posts to sell. :captnkill:

R_age
11-30-09, 11:56 AM
Hey me again. LOL I bought the saitek keyboard. Do you have a local craigslist? Over the years I've noticed on hardware forums very seldom a complete build sells as a whole. The usually always end up getting parted out unfortunatly. I might be interested in some parts in the future if you still have it up and are willing to part. You should register at hardforum though there is alot more traffic there and you might have better luck in selling.

You have to have 50 posts to sell there though.

I think im a member there..Ill have to check my post count. tks for the tip and yes i put it on craigslist too.

8. Any person selling on the For Sale forum must have at least 6 months membership with nVnews or a post count of no less than 500

I don't get the whole registering with Mike C thing though. I sent details to him via pm the day I registered. Never received a call or anything and I'm not on the list. So I don't get the point????

Users should be able to just list their contact details in their fs thread if they aren't in the requirements. I don't get the whole 500 post count thing. Most forums are just 50 posts to sell. :captnkill:

:D

scgt1
11-30-09, 11:58 AM
I think im a member there..Ill have to check my post count. tks for the tip and yes i put it on craigslist too.

:D

:D Gotcha back! :captnkill:

Maverick123w
11-30-09, 12:00 PM

I registered at the beginning of the month and haven't heard back myself.

scgt1
11-30-09, 12:16 PM
I registered at the beginning of the month and haven't heard back myself.

Hell what do you have to worry? LOL been here since '03 and your darn near the 500 posts anyway. (lee)

Redeemed
11-30-09, 12:24 PM
Registering is so Mike can verify that you are who you say you are. He's a busy guy, and he'll get to you as soon as he can.

Essentially, you give him your information and you should receive a call from him. He'll verify the info you gave him, and upon ending the phone call he'll add you to the list.

He's taking all the extra steps he can to ensure buyers are safe. It's the most he can do. If anyone get's ripped off (somebody buys something, seller never ships item and stops posting) then seller can be reported to the authorities. It's merely a safeguard. Don't like it? Don't sell here. :)

Maverick123w
11-30-09, 12:38 PM
Hell what do you have to worry? LOL been here since '03 and your darn near the 500 posts anyway. (lee)

I posted some stuff I had that I was looking to get rid of a couple of weeks back and people told me I needed to register.

DiscipleDOC
11-30-09, 01:05 PM
R_age, you have to register with MikeC. I will leave this thread open for 2 more hours, but you only have a few posts, and as a result, we have to protect the other members. I'm not saying that you will do anything wrong, but rules are rules.

At 2:00 cst, I will close this thread.

R_age
11-30-09, 01:07 PM
R_age, you have to register with MikeC. I will leave this thread open for 2 more hours, but you only have a few posts, and as a result, we have to protect the other members. I'm not saying that you will do anything wrong, but rules are rules.

At 2:00 cst, I will close this thread.

Why would I have to register?...i meet the requirements....

R_age
11-30-09, 01:12 PM

its says "or" not "and"

snowmanwithahat
11-30-09, 01:24 PM
7. Any person who offers an item for sale or trade must provide his or her Heatware user ID and rating with positive feeback of no less than 10. If you do not have Heatware, your eBay user name and link to a feedback score will be acceptable, If you do not have either one with a positive feedback of no less than 10 you must register with MikeC. Links to transactions posted on other forums is not allowed. If you do not provide this information in your initial post, It will be deleted. If you have no Heatware or eBay feedback, your thread will be closed and your initial post in said thread deleted. Both of these policies are no questions asked and will be strictly enforced. By requiring you to provide this information, we are protecting buyers, sellers and the owners/administrators of nV News.

This is in addition to the post-count / time at NVnews.

In hind-sight I do see that you have it in your sig.... so I'm not sure what the issue is

lee63
11-30-09, 01:27 PM

We are not like most forums..we protect a members. Too many people have been ripped off here.

If you rip someone off then the Police will be called...thats the point of having your info. If you don't like the rules please trade elsewhere.

scgt1
11-30-09, 01:45 PM
We are not like most forums..we protect a members. Too many people have been ripped off here.

If you rip someone off then the Police will be called...thats the point of having your info. If you don't like the rules please trade elsewhere.

Why is everyone implying that I don't like the rules? I never stated the rules were unjustified. To each his own. I don't have a problem with them I just don't get the 500 posts count the 6 months term is logical. 500 posts seems a bit rich, but it is to make this a safe place to trade and I understand that. I just recently found this forum though. I was doing a google search for Saitek Cyborg and found Rage's thread here and of course purchased from him. I have years term at other hardware forums ie Hardforum, anandtech, etc. I've just never known of nv news.

DiscipleDOC
11-30-09, 01:51 PM
Why is everyone implying that I don't like the rules? I never stated the rules were unjustified. To each his own. I don't have a problem with them I just don't get the 500 posts count the 6 months term is logical. 500 posts seems a bit rich, but it is to make this a safe place to trade and I understand that. I just recently found this forum though. I was doing a google search for Saitek Cyborg and found Rage's thread here and of course purchased from him. I have years term at other hardware forums ie Hardforum, anandtech, etc. I've just never known of nv news.

We understand your frustration, but we have had some bad deals from some (ex) members, so we have to impose both 500 posts AND more than 6 months. These rules are not unfair, but we have to adhere to them.

lee63
11-30-09, 02:42 PM
I find it strange that a new member would come into the the F/S forums and question or disagree with the rules.

Albo
11-30-09, 03:04 PM
Would I have to register to sell? I have been here for a little more then a year, and I have over 1K posts. Plus I have an ebay of about 29 positive eval.
Just wondering, not planning on selling anything as of yet.

DiscipleDOC
11-30-09, 03:15 PM
Would I have to register to sell? I have been here for a little more then a year, and I have over 1K posts. Plus I have an ebay of about 29 positive eval.
Just wondering, not planning on selling anything as of yet.

Nope....you're good to go.