PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Announced

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
12-01-09, 01:33 AM
Not so many details so far.
Marking the return to the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time storyline, The Forgotten Sands will feature many of the fan-favorite elements from the original series as well as new gameplay innovations that gamers have come to expect from the Prince of Persia band.
http://worthplaying.com/article/2009/11/30/news/70580/

LordJuanlo
12-01-09, 02:55 AM
Console only

K007
12-01-09, 03:52 AM
**** consoles

SH64
12-01-09, 04:46 AM
Console only
Oh i saw "(ALL)" in the headline and i thought it indicated all major platforms including PC. :/

NarcissistZero
12-01-09, 11:54 AM
Glad they're ditching the newer series, which was crap, but this sounds like a quick cash-in.

candle_86
12-01-09, 12:00 PM
yall dont read

Platform(s): Wii, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PSP, PC

LordJuanlo
12-01-09, 12:42 PM
UBISOFT® ANNOUNCES PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE FORGOTTEN SANDS™
New Adventure in the Prince of Persia® Sands of Time Series Debuts May 2010

SAN FRANCISCO – November 30, 2009 – Today Ubisoft announced that Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands™ video game is in development and is scheduled to be released May 2010 for consoles and handhelds. This new instalment in the critically-acclaimed franchise marks the return to the Prince of Persia® Sands of Time storyline. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands™ will feature many of the fan-favorite elements from the original series as well as new gameplay innovations that gamers have come to expect from the Prince of Persia brand.

Tune in to Spike TV's "Video Game Awards 2009" on Saturday, December 12, 2009 at 8 p.m. EST for the exclusive world premiere of the Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands™ trailer.

For ongoing updates about the game, please visit: www.princeofpersiagame.com

Unofficial FAQ (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/861108132/m/1221020908) at Ubisoft forums also says there won't be PC version

Q: What SKUs is it developed for?
A: It’s being released on “consoles and handhelds”. There seems to be NO PLANS for a PC version, yet. Supporting a PC version is hard work, so I doubt Ubisoft wants to release a semi-functional game to the PC enthusiasts.

NarcissistZero
12-01-09, 12:49 PM
Supporting the PC is hard work? Tell that to the 9 out 10 games recently which are just quick ports of the Xbox version.

Q
12-01-09, 12:53 PM
I'm extremely disappointed that this will not continue the unfinished storyline from the new series.

K007
12-01-09, 01:30 PM
i bet it will be like ac release...

just magically end up on the pc later...i hope it does. i enjoyed the first pop trilogy, the second pop series is not the same.

Q
12-01-09, 01:39 PM
i bet it will be like ac release...

just magically end up on the pc later...i hope it does. i enjoyed the first pop trilogy, the second pop series is not the same.

You are right. The controls and camera on the second series don't make me want commit felonies.

XDanger
12-01-09, 01:42 PM
i enjoyed the first pop trilogy, the second pop series is not the same.

They were mostly 2d though eh...??

NarcissistZero
12-01-09, 01:49 PM
You are right. The controls and camera on the second series don't make me want commit felonies.

How could they, there is no real gameplay to be interfered with.

XDanger
12-01-09, 01:59 PM
You guys are confusing the hell out of me.

Prince of Persia is a 2d game

Prince of Persia 2 is also 2d

Prince of Persia 3D is...3D

The 2nd POP trilogy started with Sands Of Time.

OK?

Q
12-01-09, 02:11 PM
How could they, there is no real gameplay to be interfered with.

The second series is definitely not a great challenge. If that's what you're looking for, it wasn't to be found in that game. The last POP game had a good story, great art direction, great characters and great voice acting. The game didn't pummel you for failing. It wanted to tell a story and bring you along for the ride. Not every game has to make your hands and brain bleed to be good.

NarcissistZero
12-01-09, 02:15 PM
The second series is definitely not a great challenge. If that's what you're looking for, it wasn't to be found in that game. The last POP game had a good story, great art direction, great characters and great voice acting. The game didn't pummel you for failing. It wanted to tell a story and bring you along for the ride. Not every game has to make your hands and brain bleed to be good.

You didn't feel like you were doing anything in that game, the whole thing was on auto-pilot. It sold poorly and was generally not enjoyed, and now they are going back to the previous series, so obviously I am not alone.

It sucks to like a game most people didn't, trust me I know.

Q
12-01-09, 07:21 PM
You didn't feel like you were doing anything in that game, the whole thing was on auto-pilot. It sold poorly and was generally not enjoyed, and now they are going back to the previous series, so obviously I am not alone.

It sucks to like a game most people didn't, trust me I know.

I'll agree with you that it was sort of on auto-pilot, but I think it worked for that game. If all games were like that, I'd stop playing. To see that occasionally in a highly polished form though... I can like.

Also on it not being generally enjoyed....

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/princeofpersia?q=prince%20of%20persia

It did fairly well overall critically. But, I can understand people's dislike of it. A quote from the Metacritic I think explains a lot....

It's undeniably charming, but how long you remain charmed depends largely on your patience.

I found the game incredibly charming. I think that masked the issues for me.

NarcissistZero
12-01-09, 08:10 PM
I can see that.

As to getting this on PC, I would be highly surprised if we did not. Ubi ports everything to everything.

SH64
12-01-09, 09:59 PM

I kinda agree esp with the "auto-pilot" part. While art and action were good, i felt that i'm not contributing in the game as i should because everything was triggered automatically. I actually lost interest after a while and stopped playing.

K007
12-02-09, 02:27 AM
sorry i guess i should be more clear

when i meant first trilogy i meant the sands of time series, not the DOS 2d version. I still loved the 2d DOS but i was talking more about the recent times. by the second series i meant the cartoony version with the walls of ink...etc...i was hoping more of a continuation to the previous trilogy.

i have yet to finish that cartoony one. it started to get really boring after awhile...with the no deaths/penalty.

fizzelopeguss
12-02-09, 03:04 AM
It sold poorly

very wrong.

"Ubisoft also dropped some sales numbers during the call. The revamped, cell-shaded Prince of Persia title from 2008 moved 2.5 million copies worldwide"

and was generally not enjoyed

Wrong again.

This is a new game, released to coincide with the new movie (based off the sands of time)

big surprise.

NarcissistZero
12-02-09, 11:48 AM
That could be shipped numbers... I know the game was in the bargain bin a month after release, and I know gaming blogs talked about it's dissapointing sales. 2.5 million sold to retailers makes sense, but did they sell them to customers?

As for me being wrong about it generally being disliked, I am basing that off 90% of the forum posts I read about the game being negative. There isn't much else to use to measure such a thing, reviews are pointless (and low for the series, sitting at a 81 on metacritic with a user score of only 7).

I am not saying it was a disaster, I am saying it was dissapointing.

Nitz Walsh
12-02-09, 11:58 AM
Eh, don't know if this will eventually make it to the PC - it's a movie tie-in game and those generally have a very limited shelf life. Who's going to want it a year later? (Well I would, but that's the argument Ubisoft execs will be making)

Don't forget they also didn't release the DLC for the last PoP on the PC too. Frickin' Ubisoft.

fizzelopeguss
12-03-09, 01:11 PM
That could be shipped numbers... I know the game was in the bargain bin a month after release, and I know gaming blogs talked about it's dissapointing sales. 2.5 million sold to retailers makes sense, but did they sell them to customers?

These are the same "blogs" that said uncharted bombed, yet again though that game sold 2.5 million copies.

As for me being wrong about it generally being disliked, I am basing that off 90% of the forum posts I read about the game being negative. There isn't much else to use to measure such a thing, reviews are pointless (and low for the series, sitting at a 81 on metacritic with a user score of only 7).

Seems to be a love or hate kind of game i agree, i loved it, it'd suck if we don't get an assasins creed 2 level of sequel for the new setting. I think we will though.

I am not saying it was a disaster, I am saying it was dissapointing.

You said it bombed, and i'm saying it didn't ;)

NarcissistZero
12-03-09, 01:38 PM
Everyone calling this a movie tie-in should realize the movie is a spin-off of the game this time around. If the game is an actually fully developed PoP sequel it will have shelf life and interest even if it is timed to release alongside the movie.