PDA

View Full Version : !!ATTENTION!! BEWARE - Steam Account Hacks

ATOJAR
12-01-09, 05:42 PM
Just a lttle heads up.

There's a 'Steam ID page' being sent around in steam chat, it looks just like a link to access a steam profile, when you go to it it looks like all the other steam pages and asks for your login details as the steam community pages/store sometimes do.

Do not click on any links, it's a phishing scam!!!

Keep any eye out for this guys!

I had exactly the same thing happen to me a while ago as some of you may remember!

grey_1
12-01-09, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

NarcissistZero
12-01-09, 06:53 PM
Do they send the links in blue text?

SH64
12-01-09, 07:08 PM
http://www.staem.com/login (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2131606&postcount=1) ... click :bleh:

Shamrock
12-01-09, 09:27 PM
this can't possibly be true. Steam is hailed as king of software companies of all time.

Must be a system issue.

Bearclaw
12-01-09, 10:08 PM
http://www.staem.com/login (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2131606&postcount=1) ... click :bleh:

That bear is one slick poster. :bleh:

crainger
12-01-09, 11:45 PM
this can't possibly be true. Steam is hailed as king of software companies of all time.

Must be a system issue.

If you're going to make swipes at least get things right.

Steam is a platform for digital distribution, DRM and match making.

Valve is the software company.

::bleh::

ATi
12-02-09, 12:58 AM
I NEVER click on any links who the **** clicks on links from a steam chat?!

Toss3
12-02-09, 02:22 AM
Link? What link? WHERE? I WANT TO CLICK IIIIIITT!!!

K007
12-02-09, 02:24 AM
not sure how people can fall for this stuff..anytime u have to login to this stuff make sure u visit the site ure self by typing the official link.

Shamrock
12-02-09, 02:40 AM
If you're going to make swipes at least get things right.

Steam is a platform for digital distribution, DRM and match making.

Valve is the software company.

::bleh::

Yeah, and you're from Australia. I win!

bob saget
12-02-09, 03:15 AM

It kindda works on the level of trust that you develop with nvnews peoples.
For example, I trust methim to go to the doctor to get his mole looked at, so I don't have to worry all day long. I also trust peeps when they post links. I. CLICK. ALL. DAY. LONG.

crainger
12-02-09, 04:01 AM
Yeah, and you're from Australia. I win!

LOL, not many will agree with there.

candle_86
12-02-09, 08:23 AM
It kindda works on the level of trust that you develop with nvnews peoples.
For example, I trust methim to go to the doctor to get his mole looked at, so I don't have to worry all day long. I also trust peeps when they post links. I. CLICK. ALL. DAY. LONG.

you should trust no one not even your family, trust is often misplaced and every person on planet earth will betray and hurt you at least once in your life and they will do it on purpose

|MaguS|
12-02-09, 08:33 AM
There are no hacks, it's just stupid people falling for scams. Never provide your info to anyone you don't personally know. I say personally because if that person were to scam you, you can just kick thier ass.

General Lee
12-02-09, 09:32 AM
Please forward this to Redeemed. He needs a reminder. :rofl

bob saget
12-02-09, 06:48 PM
you should trust no one not even your family, trust is often misplaced and every person on planet earth will betray and hurt you at least once in your life and they will do it on purpose

You trust us an average of 6-8 times a week with your computer troubles :o :D
Seriously, I think trust is misplaced cause people trust those who should not be trusted.

Mr. Hunt
12-02-09, 07:59 PM
How do people who fall for this even have the intelligence to download and install Steam? You have to be pretty close to being retarded to fall for this kind of crap.

crainger
12-02-09, 10:39 PM
Perhaps they are all from Kentucky?

Just saying.

candle_86
12-03-09, 12:06 AM
You trust us an average of 6-8 times a week with your computer troubles :o :D
Seriously, I think trust is misplaced cause people trust those who should not be trusted.

i seek advice but I wouldn't click a link without closely reading the main address lol, never do. As for more important things I trust no one, ever.

bob saget
12-03-09, 01:11 AM
i seek advice but I wouldn't click a link without closely reading the main address lol, never do. As for more important things I trust no one, ever.

That's really depressing and slightly psychotic.
BTW: the main address looked legit, it was not stealingsteamaccounts.dot.com. The dude talked to me from redeemed's account, but just the way the chat sounded felt really fishy to me, and that's why I didn't click on it.

Zelda_fan
12-03-09, 01:26 AM
you'd have to be a royal dumbass to fall for something like this

crainger
12-03-09, 01:49 AM

Would it be correct to say this is ironic?? ::bleh::

Shamrock
12-03-09, 02:49 AM
Perhaps they are all from Kentucky?

Just saying.

Doubtful, LOL...Kentuckians barely know internet is.

candle_86
12-03-09, 09:42 AM
ehh just a lesson i learned the hard way, to be honest i dont really trust my wife im wary of her even. I learned along time ago when you get close to people they usally cut and run, then tell the world the private details of your life.