PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: The Game Official Thread

nekrosoft13
12-03-09, 01:43 PM
Was released two days ago, time for a thread.

methimpikehoses
12-03-09, 01:46 PM
http://www.pspsps.tv/tumbleweed.jpg

NarcissistZero
12-03-09, 01:49 PM
I like how it has TAGES on it, because it's such a hot release everyone is pirating it.

General Lee
12-03-09, 02:11 PM
:lol2: @ meth

jAkUp
12-03-09, 06:33 PM
Tried out the demo, the graphics are actually quite nice.

Rakeesh
12-03-09, 06:40 PM
Tried out the demo, the graphics are actually quite nice.

Is the demo fun to play?

Yaboze
12-03-09, 06:40 PM
I might actually be a good game, but 99% of the time, "Movie" adaptions of games are usually crap. Major crap. This explains why nobody is even talking about it.

nekrosoft13
12-03-09, 06:43 PM
Is the demo fun to play?

nope

wysiwyg
12-04-09, 04:44 AM
i thought the demo while linear was ok, nothing ground breaking but i think they want you to use 3D hardware with it)

im just hoping the film is the ground breaking and an impressive film that Cameron promises usually delivers with his films as i have pre booked the seats at a local 3D cinema (not Imax though)

K007
12-04-09, 05:14 AM
lol @ pic...good one.

Rakeesh
12-04-09, 05:30 AM
Something I don't understand about this...wouldn't releasing the video game before the movie perhaps spoil the movie at all?

I personally am not having any doubts that the movie will be a success. This is James Cameron were talking about here, not Steven Spielberg or George Lucas who are already known to arbitrarily create bad movies that they know people will pay to see anyways.

K007
12-04-09, 05:37 AM
the game has its own story line.

CaptNKILL
12-04-09, 07:11 AM
Something I don't understand about this...wouldn't releasing the video game before the movie perhaps spoil the movie at all?

Yeah, pretty much every major movie that might interest kids at all is preceded by a game release. It spoils the story and the games are almost always terrible.

Ninjaman09
12-04-09, 08:47 AM
I personally am not having any doubts that the movie will be a success. This is James Cameron were talking about here, not Steven Spielberg or George Lucas who are already known to arbitrarily create bad movies that they know people will pay to see anyways.

You've seen the trailer? And you have no doubts? Blunt allegory of the conquest of native americans + awful casting (michelle rodrigeuz eewwww) + fursuits for the good guys = guaranteed horrible!

NarcissistZero
12-04-09, 12:40 PM
Yeah, it's not like Cameron is immune to the common trend of popular 80s and 90s directors releasing crap no one likes in the CGI era. I would not be surprised at all if Avatar becomes one of the biggest bombs in history.

That said, I predict it will do average hit numbers but nothing special.

patrickgerry
12-04-09, 05:38 PM
Graphics is great especially the jungle theme. AI is not bad.

fizzelopeguss
12-04-09, 07:27 PM
Pretty surprised by this, graphics are really good, animation is smooth.

Gameplay...well, if you liked lost planet you'll like this, and i loved lost planet.

As for the film...if the space marines don't flame-roast barbecue, enslave or smallpox blanket the natives then it's fail. In that way this game is prolly better than the movie.

nomec
12-09-09, 12:59 PM
I played through the demo last night and liked the game. It's a little rough around the edges with the controls and gameplay wise but the graphics are phenomenal. I get very little slowdown at all with full settings, and it especially looks great at night. I am tempted to outright purchase this game but I should probably wait for a price drop.

Armed_Baboon
12-09-09, 05:47 PM
TTIWWP