PDA

View Full Version : Which game?

Pages : [1] 2

bob saget
12-04-09, 02:12 AM
I need a new game. Just looking for a really enjoyable experience. Any recommendations? I don't have any of these. The cheaper the better obviously. I have $50 to spend:

MW2
Batman
Borderlands
L4D2
NFS Shift
Mirror's Edge

ATi
12-04-09, 02:13 AM
l4d2 or MW2

HiCZoK4
12-04-09, 02:15 AM
Batman is proboably GOTY. (also longest games of thoes i think)
But MW2 is also great.

If You like platformers with great style and heart You will admire Mirrors edge

Mr. Hunt
12-04-09, 02:27 AM
Comes down to 3 games on that list.. MW2, Batman, and Borderlands. Batman is an amazing game, but has no multiplayer... so if you can't live without multiplayer don't get it. MW2 and Borderlands are both amazing also, but MW2 has great competitive MP.

Real answer: You should have bought Batman and Borderlands both when they had the Steam deal over this past weekend and gotten MW2 a little bit later :\.

bob saget
12-04-09, 02:35 AM
I am sure they'll have deals later on....

zampe
12-04-09, 02:44 AM
Borderlands and his just the upcoming DLC Zombie Island of Dr.Ned

ATi
12-04-09, 03:01 AM
when is DR.ned coming out on pc?

NarcissistZero
12-04-09, 03:13 AM
Mirror's Edge was my game of the year last year. Stunning, beautiful and crafted with heart... unique gameplay, very fun. I loved it, and it's cheap now.

Batman is a freaking great beat 'em up style game with platforming and exploration and some stealth. It feels like a console game as far as genre, but the PC port was crafted with love and is by far the best version. I loved that game as well.

Modern Warfare and Borderlands are both fun but flawed for me... Borderlands feels repetitive and the zones feel small to me, and it lacks true NPC interaction and story. MW2's campaign is freaking insane, both good and bad, and it looks nice, but I found SpecOps dissapointing, probably because Magus won't play with me, and the multi is, well... you know.

L4D2 is more Left 4 Dead with great gore... more unique moments, but it still feels like the same game. Lots of nvners play this constantly.

Shift... dunno. It's $25 on Direct2Drive right now, so you could get that and Mirror's Edge and have money to spare.

ATi
12-04-09, 04:39 AM
MW2's campaign is freaking insane, both good and bad, and it looks nice, but I found SpecOps dissapointing, probably because Magus won't play with me, and the multi is, well... you know.MW2 MP is better than the SP:o

K007
12-04-09, 05:32 AM
I need a new game. Just looking for a really enjoyable experience. Any recommendations? I don't have any of these. The cheaper the better obviously. I have $50 to spend:

MW2
Batman
Borderlands
L4D2
NFS Shift
Mirror's Edge

Ok

MW2 - Waste to get just for singleplayer seeing that you want to really stretch that $. Multiplayer if you can handle the frustrating this game has online then give it a go. Compared to MW1, its very noob friendly, ie less recoil, iron site much easier to use, shotguns kill everything...even at range...and extra long range...assault rifiles are at the top, and beats sniper rifles. Do not get it for competitive gameplay, it has none. $10 Increase on game...Y? i dont know.

Batman - Single player only, but it is a very good game, enjoying every minute of it, do not let this game slid under the radar just because its a game based on a comic/movie/etc. It is very solid. I am assuming u already have dragon age origins? If between this and dragon age, i say dragon age as the story is really really good and its a very long good game.

Boderlands seems pretty popular, it seems to be a mix between diablo items/levelling/experience with a fps touch. You might enjoy it..it does not appeal to me much since from what i have seen/heard it is a co-op game.

L4D2 - Same as above, but getting this is stupid if your in Australia. lol.

NFS Shift...i dunno man racing games tend to get boring after awhile, and they dont have a story element so i dont really see what would make me want to keep going to the next level, i did try the demo it looks and feels great but between other games i just dont see myself sitting down to play this. MW and NFU1 were probably the only games that i went from start to finish.

Mirrors Edge...erm sorry cant give much on this i have no interest in this game AT all ><.

To me either game has to have an awesome single player with a good story or an awesome multiplayer, if it has either one i will get it, if not i wont bother. Co-Op never interested me at all. Maybe because i have burned myself out with playing woW..and i guess that is a co-op/pvp...

my 2c.

I would say...Dragon Age (if you haven't) / Batman / MW2 (I am still hoping that it will get patched soon.)

Btw batman was real cheap on steam...so i would get that.

LydianKnight
12-04-09, 07:01 AM
Like NarcissistZero, I'd say get NFS: Shift and Mirror's Edge, I haven't played the former (although by the looks of the videos out on youtube, it looks like a great driving game) but the latter is a great game, unique gameplay and very aesthetically pleasant.

Logical
12-04-09, 09:10 AM
Batman for singleplayer and MW2 or L4D2 for multiplayer.

methimpikehoses
12-04-09, 09:47 AM
Batman for singleplayer and MW2 or L4D2 for multiplayer.

+1

nekrosoft13
12-04-09, 01:07 PM
Batman, the best game on that list

MW2 worst game on that list

Fotis
12-04-09, 01:14 PM
Batman, but I'm too bored to explain why!You'll just have to take my word for it!:afro:

bob saget
12-04-09, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestions :thumbsup:

nekrosoft13
12-04-09, 01:18 PM
BATMAN!

crainger
12-04-09, 01:21 PM
I'm Batman!

betterdan
12-04-09, 01:39 PM
For you Bob the answer is easy... Robin

DiscipleDOC
12-04-09, 01:59 PM
Batman. This game is the most enjoyable game.

L4D so we can kill some zombies....

I really couldn't care less for those others.

bob saget
12-05-09, 10:51 PM
I can pickup NFS for 25 on craigslist, and play my friend's copy of MW2. So the next two would be L4D2 and Batman.

nutcrackr
12-06-09, 04:58 AM
Batman is a great game but if you want something that will last you then MW2 mp is where it's at even with the **** peer2peer system.

General Lee
12-06-09, 07:09 AM
Left 4 Dead 2. I recently got the game, and have been playing it constantly. I especially like playing with the guys here. There's a lot of good action, new weapons, and new enemies. I'm trying to get used to playing versus mode as the infected...it takes a little practice but it's fun.

I've been playing L4D2 so much, I've barely touched TF2! :bugeyes:

NarcissistZero
12-06-09, 09:11 AM
I can pickup NFS for 25 on craigslist, and play my friend's copy of MW2. So the next two would be L4D2 and Batman.

Way to support the industry and developers there bob.

bob saget
12-06-09, 11:25 AM
Way to support the industry and developers there bob.

:lol: :(