PDA

View Full Version : Any new or upcoming horror first-person shooter games?

Pages : [1] 2

Kain
12-07-09, 02:23 PM
I LOVED the first F.E.A.R. (haven't played the second one) and want to know if there any other such games out or coming out soon. :)

dirtyboy
12-07-09, 03:09 PM
Left for Dead?

mojoman0
12-07-09, 03:14 PM
Aliens vs Predator out in 2 months or so. First one was the scariest game ive ever played

bob saget
12-07-09, 03:25 PM
Left for Dead?

I wouldn't call it a true horror.

grey_1
12-07-09, 03:53 PM
Aliens vs Predator out in 2 months or so. First one was the scariest game ive ever played

This.

Armed_Baboon
12-07-09, 04:42 PM
why not get Fear 2? I thought it was one of the best games of 2009.

I didn't really think of it as a horror game so much as a purist PC shooter - powerful weapons, great AI, good story, quite good graphics (not amazing).

The best thing about it was the feel of the guns - they really feel like they pack a punch. and being able to literally nail enemies to the wall behind them is so cool.

NarcissistZero
12-07-09, 05:37 PM
why not get Fear 2? I thought it was one of the best games of 2009.

+1.

Dead Space is the scariest game ever if you can handle third-person.

TheANIMAL
12-07-09, 06:08 PM
There are some pretty awsome horror mods. Most of them are made for HL2 though so they look a bit dated.

ATOJAR
12-07-09, 06:17 PM
I wouldn't call it a true horror.

Maybe not but L4D is still damn scary lol.

bob saget
12-07-09, 06:19 PM
Maybe not but L4D is still damn scary lol.

I know what you mean. For me, horror is like sneaking around slowly, listening to every creek of the floor, wondering where the next monster would come from. L4D is sort of run + gun right?

crainger
12-08-09, 01:00 AM
L4D is run like a madman + gun.

Quick420
12-08-09, 06:35 PM
+1.

Dead Space is the scariest game ever if you can handle third-person.

Yeah I agree,Dead Space FTW.Feels and sounds like you are there:headexplode:

MustangSVT
12-08-09, 06:50 PM
I would recommend FEAR Extraction Point if you haven't played it yet, also FEAR 2 (I thought it was good anyway), Dead Space and Left 4 Dead (1 and 2). I think the game can get pretty scary sometimes, especially with some of the mod maps for L4D1 like Dead City and I don't know what the other one is called,but it has the Evil Dead house in it.

candle_86
12-08-09, 06:52 PM
nothing yet has scared me more tham doom3 being play at midnite with headphones on

styles-T
12-08-09, 08:05 PM
Dead Space gets my vote. FEAR 2 was definitely an awesome game. L4D2 isn't scary IMO and is truly fun dependent on teammates.

Quick420
12-08-09, 09:37 PM
nothing yet has scared me more tham doom3 being play at midnite with headphones on

You pee'd a liitle?:p Doom3 was a disaster in a straightjacket.

NarcissistZero
12-08-09, 10:48 PM

Yeah, Doom 3 when alone at night was scary as hell.

MustangSVT
12-09-09, 12:04 AM
You pee'd a liitle?:p Doom3 was a disaster in a straightjacket.

I thought Doom3 was an awesome game and yes it was scary as heck, I don't get why people rag on it.

NarcissistZero
12-09-09, 12:45 AM
I thought Doom3 was an awesome game and yes it was scary as heck, I don't get why people rag on it.

Because it is cool to do so. Because any mega-hyped game will be bashed by people eager to do so.

bob saget
12-09-09, 01:20 AM
I liked doom 3. Like an idiot, I looked into the mirror at that part where you go into the bathroom :lol: I think I jumped a foot into the air O_O

HiCZoK4
12-09-09, 02:33 AM

This and Dead Space. Both played at night and with Headphones only. Don't even try to play a horror game on speakers. You will hear much more sounds on hp.

Unless You can set Your speakers to high volume and not to distract other people in house :lol:

btw. Get dosbox and run old blood game... DAMN those old games are so atmospheric! I was scared to play blood when I was younger but i still am :lol:

AMC_Duke
12-09-09, 02:38 AM
i think Dead Space was very tense and had great athmosphere the corridors the musik and sound it was the scaryest game for me since avp 1

CaptNKILL
12-09-09, 03:16 AM
Meh, Doom 3 was a decent game but it wasn't scary. All you had to do was turn around every time you walked through a door way and you'd kill whatever was supposed to be scaring you. It was incredibly predictable after the first few enemy encounters.

Even with cutting edge graphics and sound it didn't manage to be as scary or as intense as the original Doom.

I wouldn't consider it a horror game at all.

Call of Cthulhu, STALKER, Cryostasis (judging from the demo), Dead Space and Penumbra are among the very few recent games I'd actually put in the Horror genre. Lots of games try to be horror games by making every enemy predictably show up right behind you or by using lame screen flashing effects ripped strait from the movie Se7en. Horror games to me are about genuinely immersive atmosphere and making you pee yourself because you don't know if you're going to survive... even if there isn't any immediate threat.

bob saget
12-09-09, 03:38 AM
Forgot how scary STALKER SoC and Cryostasis sometimes got. I jumped more than once. You are toobusy appreciating the graphics in Cryostasis to be scared :lol:

HiCZoK4
12-09-09, 01:33 PM
Call of Cthulhu is great..

But damn ! stalker shadow of chernobyl was quite incredible scary in lab tunnels etc. especially with dx9 lighting.

How is Clear sky? how is call of Pripyat?