PDA

View Full Version : Temporary freezing when playing video games. any ideas?

ryan29121
12-08-09, 05:16 PM
Recently I am noticing that I get temporary freezing when playing video games such as Left4Dead 2 and MW2. This freezing only happens about every 20-30 min and I can easily fix it by ctrl+alt+del then going back into the game. I checked the temp of my GPU and its only at 36 C. Cpu is low as well. What could be causing this? All my specs of my computer are listed below. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kemo
12-08-09, 06:04 PM
That is interesting. You gpu is running that cool during gameplay? Now, I don't know if the 8800GT had power management (the 8800GTX did not), but I have the same problem with my GTX 285 (replace the 8800GTXs in Sig PC). Only in Crysis, I haven't noticed it anywhere else. The game freezes, but not my PC, then it snaps back into action.

Drolfrawd
12-08-09, 06:06 PM
Recently I am noticing that I get temporary freezing when playing video games such as Left4Dead 2 and MW2. This freezing only happens about every 20-30 min and I can easily fix it by ctrl+alt+del then going back into the game. I checked the temp of my GPU and its only at 36 C. Cpu is low as well. What could be causing this? All my specs of my computer are listed below. Thanks in advance for your help.

See Stubb's thread on climate change , it isn't happening , therefore your rig is part of a global conspiracy.
/

ryan29121
12-08-09, 07:43 PM
That is just the number that EVGA precision gives me. I have an aftermarket cooler attached to it, so the numbers should be pretty low. The point I was trying to make with the numbers I posted, was that temperature should not be the problem here. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks

ryan29121
12-09-09, 12:06 PM
I did a stress test for many hours and it got up to 48 C. That is still pretty low as far as I know. Any other ideas?

matheusber
03-17-10, 09:59 AM
I have similar thing in my 7600 Go on Asus notebook, but just whel playing Left4Dead on Win7 x32. there is a message from systray (balloon style) saying there was a problem with the video driver and this repeats from time to time (each 5 minutes average). can't play at all. if I fire Quake4 or Need For Speed (Carbon or Most Wanted) no problem at all. just cleaned all cooling parts, so I think is not hi temps (can't say temps as there is no more the screen for this in nv control panel - which sucks by the way, I can choose anything :/ )

the notebook used to have winxp and by my memory L4D used to run ok on low settings (is now on the lowest). the game plays smooth and then locks (ctrl+alt+del and open task manager and all is back to normal)

I installed the latest win7 x32 driver for it, no good. used the win7 driver from win update and not good also.

any ideas ? not be able to play for driver issues is a really PITA :(

thanks,

matheus