PDA

View Full Version : LCD TV - backlight bleeding/possible pixel sticking?

ragejg
12-09-09, 11:54 PM
Look at my TV:

gVaivrtOD0I

From the description: "The spot stays the same regardless of resolution. You can see tiny red green and blue pixels, but I can't seem to attain a resolution that matches them. They are smaller than the native 59/60hz 720p resolutions of this LCD, and don't even appear to match with the 1080i pixels. What the ...?

And the bleed spot, it's been there a long time."

The dang thing is out of warranty...

Re: the stuck pixel thing, though you can see the speckles of red green and blue pixels mostly where the backlight bleeding is, they don't interfere with general usage, and aren't really even visible until you're like 2ft away.

Whatever the case, I'm wondering if there is a fix for this. I did try a utility called UDPixel to no avail... what I think are pixels are seemingly not accesible as I cannot get to the real native rez of this display. I've tried all the 720p variants as well as the 1080i variants. EDIT: Actually I think "optimized 1080i" (1776x1000) might hit the nail right on the head... I THINK that it's a bit clearer than 1920x1080/30hz... when I move the mouse ever so slightly it appears to be moving 1:1 with the "stuck" pixels.

I'll live with this if I have to but if there's a fix then I'll do what it takes... I'll be replacing this with a 40" in the next year anyway... one that I know can handle the rigors of everyday HTPC/gaming usage.

AdamK47
12-10-09, 01:12 AM
Are the stuck pixels only in that bright spot?

bob saget
12-10-09, 01:42 AM
wow that sucks balls :(

ragejg
12-10-09, 01:44 AM
Are the stuck pixels only in that bright spot?

They're all on the same side. Some of them are outside the spot, reaching up towards the top of the screen. This TV has always been handled very carefully to boot.

ragejg
12-10-09, 01:48 AM
I'll be consulting this page and will read it a little more carefully after I get some sleep.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-software-solutions-to-fix-a-stuck-pixel-on-your-lcd-monitor/

turdhat
12-13-09, 07:38 AM
Try loosening the screws in the frame around the area of the bright spot. That is a pretty bad spot you have there. Anything generating heat near the set ?

Looks like uneven pressure on the lcd panel from the frame. As far as the stuck pixels are concerned sometimes you can use a lens cloth and rub them out. Loosen the frame 1st and see if that helps. It helped my 55" when I had a bright spot like that.