PDA

View Full Version : Metacritic Platform of the year

Pages : [1] 2

Armed_Baboon
12-10-09, 07:52 PM
wow, what a way to butcher a bunch of statistics.

so even though the PC had the highest median score, by far the most releases, and the best version of 4 of the 8 games that make up the top 10, it comes in second?

The only thing the PS3 can claim over the PC this year is uncharted 2.

Don't these clowns realise that PC games are rated to a higher standard than console games?

edit: also hilarious to see that MW2 rated 12th highest metascore for PC games this year. Couldn't even make the top 10. what a fall from grace.

NarcissistZero
12-10-09, 08:12 PM
I'm sure 12th highest rated game of the year and 5 million sales in a day makes them weep in their beer.

Armed_Baboon
12-10-09, 08:18 PM
I'm sure some part of Robert Bowling and gang feel a twinge of sadness at having produced an inferior game to their previous one.

NarcissistZero
12-10-09, 08:24 PM
You're assuming they think it is inferior.

Armed_Baboon
12-10-09, 08:29 PM
I'm sure some part of Robert Bowling and gang feel a twinge of sadness at having produced an inferior game to their previous one, in the mind of world's PC gaming critics.

Redshirt #24
12-10-09, 08:34 PM
That's assuming they're paying attention to them over the sound of cash register drawers opening. (For better or worse.)

NarcissistZero
12-10-09, 10:13 PM
I just think IW more than most others embraces the new games as mainstream entertainment thing and couldn't care less.

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 12:10 AM
I thought Killzone 2 was extremely overrated. What else was there but Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls beyond that?

crainger
12-11-09, 12:26 AM
I thought Killzone 2 was extremely overrated. What else was there but Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls beyond that?

You thought, key word. Lots more thought they had polish few other games had, and those that did were cross platform and epic on all platforms.

Perhaps the best platform this year is no platforms. Well except for Wii, it's had a shocking year of pointless remakes and silly nonsense and 360, because they FAIL! ::bleh::

For me it's PC first, PS3 close behind. I've spent way more hours on my PC.

CaptNKILL
12-11-09, 12:39 AM
I haven't been too impressed with what I've seen of PS3 exlusives.

I played Killzone 2 and could barely stand it because it ran so slow. Beyond that it seemed like a pretty basic shooter.

I'm obviously biased, but I find it hard to believe that any platform could win over the PC. Any game that is released on PC is going to be better there than on a console due to the (potentially) better graphics, more flexible controls and better performance as long as the port is done properly. Most ports after the Xbox era have been pretty solid. You'd think the astronomical number of PC exclusives available every year and the fact that no console to PC port should ever be worse than the original would make it the best platform every year but I guess its up to the media outlets to decide how they determine something like that.

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 01:24 AM
The new Ratchet & Clank, inFamous, Fat Princess, and God of War Collection come to mind. Valkyria Chronicles and Resistance 2 ALMOST count, came out right at the end of last year.

I guess. I just don't see all those as the compelling lineup you do I guess. Of them all Uncharted 2 is probably the only one I would call a must-have.

I just know for me personally Left 4 Dead 2 cancels out Uncharted 2 and then the whole thing is gravy.

This is all opinion of course, I was just comparing mine to yours.

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 01:25 AM
I played Killzone 2 and could barely stand it because it ran so slow. Beyond that it seemed like a pretty basic shooter.

Yeah, it controlled particularly bad for an FPS, even a console only FPS, and it just feels sluggish. I didn't think the visuals were that amazing either... I started it and got a few levels in and stopped, it just wasn't very compelling. Personally I thought Timeshift, Call of Juarez and some other "average" FPS games were better.

nutcrackr
12-11-09, 01:44 AM
Killzone 2 doesn't run slow? What the hell? I'm playing through it now and it runs fine. The only issues are the ~10 second pauses littered throughout when the game saves / loads. The FOV is very aggressive though, feels like 50 degrees or something.

HAHA user score for MW2 is 2.1 on metacritic, power to the people. The reason the PC lost is because it had slightly more bad games percentage wise I guess, pretty close call really.

Noriega
12-11-09, 07:01 AM
I guess noone wanted to pay for PC to be first but Sony like to puts their money for marketing ; )

|MaguS|
12-11-09, 09:36 AM
PC lost because its community is full of crying little bitches when they don't get what they want.

Two of the best selling titles on the platform had boycotts... stop crying and maybe the developers will start listening to you.

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 01:32 PM
PC lost because its community is full of crying little bitches when they don't get what they want.

Two of the best selling titles on the platform had boycotts... stop crying and maybe the developers will start listening to you.

You're so hostile Magus. You need a warm cup of cocoa.

CaptNKILL
12-11-09, 01:47 PM
Killzone 2 doesn't run slow? What the hell? I'm playing through it now and it runs fine. The only issues are the ~10 second pauses littered throughout when the game saves / loads. The FOV is very aggressive though, feels like 50 degrees or something.

When I played it it was running at maybe 30fps maximum and there was noticeable lag when I hit a button or tried to move quickly. It ran like a PC with the graphics set too high for the system.

It was immediately noticeable to me, even when I watched someone else play.

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 01:58 PM
I did play Infamous and I did like it a lot... I disliked the graphics but the gameplay was solid.

Misfire
12-11-09, 09:21 PM
When I played it it was running at maybe 30fps maximum and there was noticeable lag when I hit a button or tried to move quickly. It ran like a PC with the graphics set too high for the system.

It was immediately noticeable to me, even when I watched someone else play.

yeah Killzone fps wise was fine, however the game was plagued with horrible input lag. When you looked left or right, there was maybe a half second delay. However, it isn't something that you couldn't eventually get used to.

Game looked amazing, but you can tell its so heavily post-processed. I kind of don't like the graphics being blurry and stuff.

XDanger
12-11-09, 09:54 PM
yeah Killzone fps wise was fine, however the game was plagued with horrible input lag. When you looked left or right, there was maybe a half second delay. However, it isn't something that you couldn't eventually get used to.

Game looked amazing, but you can tell its so heavily post-processed. I kind of don't like the graphics being blurry and stuff.

Input lag - Get used to it!

No thanks.

CaptNKILL
12-11-09, 11:33 PM
Input lag - Get used to it!

No thanks.

Agreed.

And 30fps is no good for me. :bleh:

crainger
12-12-09, 12:16 AM
It's not input lag, it's they way they made the game to give it a more cinematic feel, they later released a patch with an option to disable it. Man you guys don't no much do u? lolzzz kthnx.

XDanger
12-12-09, 01:47 AM
It's not input lag, it's they way they made the game to give it a more cinematic feel, they later released a patch with an option to disable it. Man you guys don't no much do u? lolzzz kthnx.

This makes sense ,Theres a quite a large delay between a movie being made and it showing in the theatre, So lag does make it more cinematic.