PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 PC games of 2009?

Pages : [1] 2 3

DiscipleDOC
12-11-09, 10:45 AM
It's getting close to the end of the year, so I want to ask the nVNews populace as to what you believe are your top 5 games of this year. I'll start it off. My top 5 PC games are:

Batman: Arkham Asylum. This is one of the best visual games that I've ever played. I've finished the game and I'm restarting so I can get all of the challenges/riddles done.
L4D2. This is just an awesome game to play with your friends and get a chance to beat down some zombies. This is a well put together game.
L4D (I know this game came out last year, but this game was still a good game to play this year.
CoD4:MW Nice game to play with friends. The second edition is a flop, imo.
Street Fighter IV An all-time good arcade game. It has that nostalgic feeling to it.

What are your top 5 PC Games of 2009?

methimpikehoses
12-11-09, 10:50 AM
1. CoD: W@W, came out in '08 but I played it more than anything else
2. Dragon Age: Origins: A
3. Batman: A
4. Dead Space: A-
5. CoD: MW2, I haven't played W@W since I got it... the servers can be lame from time to time but overall gameplay is superb.

MustangSVT
12-11-09, 10:55 AM
My top PC games of the year, in no specific order:

Street Fighter IV
Resident Evil 5
Risen
Mirror's Edge
Empire Total War
Burnout Paradise
FEAR 2 Project Origin
Call of Juarez Bound in Blood

zampe
12-11-09, 11:04 AM
My TOP 5 (hesitant to 4th place)

1. Fallout 3 (Game of the Year Edition)
2. L4D2
3. ArmA II
4. Borderlands/Resident evil 5
5. Hearts of Iron III

delas52
12-11-09, 11:05 AM
risen
mw2
dao
cojbib

ATi
12-11-09, 11:05 AM
Dragon Age Origins
Arma2
Resident Evil 5
Left 4 dead2
Necrovision
in no specific order

Cryostasis is also good but you said only 5 :(

Logical
12-11-09, 11:36 AM
Batman:AA
CoD: MW2
Dragonage
NFS: Shift
PES 2010

grey_1
12-11-09, 11:39 AM
I think I've only played 5 games all year :lol:

1. L4D2
2. L4D2
3. Dead Space
4. Batman: AA
5. Fear 2

Honorable mention for "The Witcher" because I gave it around 90 hours this year. :lol:

Crow_Nest
12-11-09, 11:52 AM
Left 4 Dead 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Dead Space
Mirror's Edge

In no particular order.

Ghosthunter
12-11-09, 11:58 AM
I think this year sucked for PC games..only one I really enjoyed this year and should be GOTY would be

Batman

DiscipleDOC
12-11-09, 12:12 PM
I think I've only played 5 games all year :lol:

1. L4D2
2. L4D2
3. Dead Space
4. Batman: AA
5. Fear 2

Honorable mention for "The Witcher" because I gave it around 90 hours this year. :lol:

LOL...L4D2 was listed twice?

methimpikehoses
12-11-09, 12:14 PM
He's getting old, DD. Give him a break.

DiscipleDOC
12-11-09, 12:16 PM
He's getting old, DD. Give him a break.

Nope.

:bleh:

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 12:43 PM
I'm doing 10 because I play a lot of games and 5 just isn't enough. Looking through review scores for the year to see what came out I guess my list would be thus:

10. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - Amazing singleplayer shooter with stunning graphics that nails the wilde west atmosphere.
9. Left 4 Dead 2 - Amazing coop and some nice new ideas with the familiar gameplay.
8. Wolfenstein - Another amazingly fun singleplayer shooter sorely underrated.
7. Dawn of War 2 - RTS of the year by default with some great RPG mechanics.
6. Borderlands - Diablo as a shooter, great ideas, great graphical look.
5. Batman: Arkham Asylum - A great console game using a great character released in a stunning PC version.
4. Risen - Amazing action-RPG sorely underrated.
3. F.E.A.R. 2 - Singleplayer shooters are my favorite and it was the best singleplayer pure shooter of the year.
2. Fallout 3: Point Lookout - The best expansion to the game and perfect for my playstyle.
1. Dragon Age: Origins - Just a great old-fashioned PC RPG.

CaptNKILL
12-11-09, 12:58 PM
Wow... looking at this thread I've come to the realization that I've hardly played any games that came out this year. :headexplode:

I own most of them but I just haven't played them yet.

Dead Space was from 2008, but that would be in my current top 5 since I played it this year.

Risen is definitely in the top 3.

I still have a long way to go in Dragon Age but that will definitely be in the top 5 as well.

Other than that I can't even remember the games I've played this year. :headexplode:

EDIT: Oh right, I forgot about finishing Defense Grid: The Awakening, Zeno Clash, Braid and Aquaria. Those were all fantastic games.

LT.Schaffer
12-11-09, 01:35 PM
1.ArmA II
2.Batman
3.L4D2
4.Killing Floor
5.Serious Sam HD

Honorable Mentions
BorderLands
Madballs:The BABO Invasion
Wallace&Gromit Grand Adventures
Tales Of Monkey Island
Secret Of Monkey Island Special Edition
Trine
Plants Vs. Zombies
Nation Red
Chronicles Of Riddick Assault On Dark Athena
FLOCK!

bob saget
12-11-09, 02:00 PM
The games I played most that I liked would be

Cod4
Dead Space
STALKER Clear Sky
Also Cryostasis. Couldn't put it down till I finished.

Finishing up shift and although it is fun and challenging, I probably won't play through it again. The insane AI ruins it.

Tygerwoody
12-11-09, 02:42 PM
Left 4 Dead 2. I don't know HOW they pulled it off, being that they just released Left 4 Dead 1 only a year ago, but man did they. Not only does it feel like made tons of improvements, it feels like an entirely different game. Strategies from the old game, can't even remotely be used in L4D2. Left 4 Dead 2 was not only the game of the year for me, but also the biggest shocker. I had no idea it would be so good with L4D1 being great in itself.

Dragon Age also deserves mention. This game was probably the best "quality" game to release this year, even though its gathering dust after the release of Left 4 Dead 2. :D

DiscipleDOC
12-11-09, 03:03 PM
Left 4 Dead 2. I don't know HOW they pulled it off, being that they just released Left 4 Dead 1 only a year ago, but man did they. Not only does it feel like made tons of improvements, it feels like an entirely different game. Strategies from the old game, can't even remotely be used in L4D2. Left 4 Dead 2 was not only the game of the year for me, but also the biggest shocker. I had no idea it would be so good with L4D1 being great in itself.

Dragon Age also deserves mention. This game was probably the best "quality" game to release this year, even though its gathering dust after the release of Left 4 Dead 2. :D

Tyger, am I on your steam friend's list? If so, let's kills some zombies! ;)

AdamK47
12-11-09, 03:24 PM
I'm doing 10 because I play a lot of games and 5 just isn't enough. Looking through review scores for the year to see what came out I guess my list would be thus:

10. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - Amazing singleplayer shooter with stunning graphics that nails the wilde west atmosphere.
9. Left 4 Dead 2 - Amazing coop and some nice new ideas with the familiar gameplay.
8. Wolfenstein - Another amazingly fun singleplayer shooter sorely underrated.
7. Dawn of War 2 - RTS of the year by default with some great RPG mechanics.
6. Borderlands - Diablo as a shooter, great ideas, great graphical look.
5. Batman: Arkham Asylum - A great console game using a great character released in a stunning PC version.
4. Risen - Amazing action-RPG sorely underrated.
3. F.E.A.R. 2 - Singleplayer shooters are my favorite and it was the best singleplayer pure shooter of the year.
2. Fallout 3: Point Lookout - The best expansion to the game and perfect for my playstyle.
1. Dragon Age: Origins - Just a great old-fashioned PC RPG.

Nice list. Mine is similar:
1. Dragon Age: Origins
2. Batman: Arkham Asylum
3. Empire: Total War
4. Mirror's Edge
5. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
6. Risen
7. Wolfenstein
8. FEAR 2
9. Dawn of War 2
10. Borderlands
11. Red Faction: Guerrilla
12. Cryostasis

I have yet to purchase Left for Dead 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

JohnDio
12-11-09, 03:33 PM
In no particular order... Street Fighter 4, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Risen, DA: O and Serious Sam: HD

AdamK47
12-11-09, 03:36 PM
The games I played most that I liked would be

Cod4
Dead Space
STALKER Clear Sky
Also Cryostasis. Couldn't put it down till I finished.

Finishing up shift and although it is fun and challenging, I probably won't play through it again. The insane AI ruins it.

COD 4 - 2007
Dead Space - 2008
STALKER: Clear Sky - 2008

bob saget
12-11-09, 04:52 PM
COD 4 - 2007
Dead Space - 2008
STALKER: Clear Sky - 2008

Other people said older game too. :p
I pretty much never buy games AS SOON as they come out. I did with Dead Space and have not regretted it.

nutcrackr
12-11-09, 06:21 PM
Batman AA
Trine
Torchlight
Cryostasis
World of Goo

|MaguS|
12-11-09, 07:05 PM
Fallout 3
Dragon Age
Left 4 Dead 2