PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the best gaming head set no more that $100 ???

muelo1000
12-11-09, 12:28 PM
i was looking for a gaming head set for my gaming I dont want to spend more that $100 dollars on it

marqmajere
12-11-09, 12:47 PM
Those fatal1ty headphones I ordered came in today. The are the HS-1000 USB series with the built in X-FI. They are on sale at newegg and amazon for $35 shipped. I bought mine from the egg.

So far they are very comfortable. If you have an abnormally large head, these might not be for you, but then again, not many cans will be. They feel like they might squeeze my head a bit, but they don't give me any discomfort in the slightest. This occurred to me as a good thing considering having the speakers close to your ears is a good thing. Take any cheapo set and press them against the side of your ears to see what I mean. The ear pieces fit perfectly over my ears and the padding is thick and very soft.

Enough about the way they feel. The sound is INCREDIBLE! The bass is heavy, but not overbearing. Just the right amount. Everything is crisp and clear and the mic is top notch. They sound better than the Sennhieser 160's I had before them if you can believe that.

So far I am VERY impressed with these headphones and I recommend anyone with $35 in their pockets to get over the image of John Wendel and buy these. I'd also like to add that with Windows 7, I didn't even need the install disk. Simply plug into any usb port and off you go. No hassle whatsoever.

EDIT: They are on sale for $30, not $35 like I originally posted. Even better!

logan
12-11-09, 02:11 PM
I always liked the Aiwa HP-X222/X223 headphones (as seen in Garden State), over the ear with great bass, but they're not made anymore. They used to go for $30 retail and I even managed to snag a few from Amazon for $10 after Sony killed 'em off, but now you can only find them every once in a great while on eBay and the bidding usually goes > $40. :I

I have a Sennheiser HD202 at work. They're light weight, not quite over the ear, and sound decent. No real complaints. $22 from Amazon.

Phyre
12-11-09, 08:25 PM
I love my Turtle Beach Ear Force HPA2's. They are awesome!

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efhpa2/home.aspx

mullet
12-11-09, 11:32 PM
My wife and I have these and we both love them, the sound is great, mic is good and you can wear them for hours with no ear pain.

RAZER Carcharias 3.5mm Circumaural Professional Gaming Headset (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153043)

XDanger
12-12-09, 12:42 AM
My wife and I have these and we both love them, the sound is great, mic is good and you can wear them for hours with no ear pain.

RAZER Carcharias 3.5mm Circumaural Professional Gaming Headset (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153043)

Do you also wear matching tracksuits?

Just wondering.

muelo1000
12-12-09, 08:05 AM
Thank you all

Couple of key features i would like

i want the sound (high and lows ) to be clear and precise !!!!!!
and also comfortable !!!
ohhh and i dont have a big head lol

mullet
12-12-09, 09:24 AM
Do you also wear matching tracksuits?

Just wondering.

Yes!!!