PDA

View Full Version : Most Dissapointing of 2009

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 01:55 PM
We started the top 5 list and all the games are out, what were your biggest dissapointments of 2009?

Mine:

Lucidity - After the Monkey Island rerelease and the new series I thought Lucasarts was getting their mojo back. Unfortunately Lucidity is a very frustrating and annoying game to play and is as far from their simple and enjoyable adventure games as possible.

Modern Warfare 2 Storyline - While still a stunning and fun to play singleplayer games MW2 was left off my top 10 list because its story is so nonsensical. It really suffers from sequel syndrome, where everything has to be bigger and better but at the cost of story cohesion and the mood of the original. MW made me feel like an SAS officer doing spec ops, MW2 makes me feel like I am watching a Michael Bay movie.

Red Faction Guerrilla PC Performance - The annoying thing here is that it's a great game and the PC port is well done fundementally, but it has some annoying problems which months later have still not been fixed. No ETA on a patch as of now and I can't even play the game at normal speed. It's a shame because on the surface it's a damn fine port and I don't regret buying it, I just want to play it.

Delays - Delaying the PC version of a game at the last minute became even more common this year and is a trend that annoys me greatly. Sometimes it is a week (Borderlands) and that is hard to complain about, but other times it can be a month (Batman) or even half a year (Assassin's Creed 2). It's a continued piece of disrespect for our platform.

Digital Dominance - I use Steam a lot and this is going to sound hypocritical, but I do wish we still lived in the days of buying a game box and really feeling like you own the product. Now it is all licenses and digital downloads. As the PC moves to a place where digital dominates and more and more PC-only games are download-only independent affairs on Steam one wonders how long it will be until the first unplayable game occurs and what people will do about that.

DiscipleDOC
12-11-09, 02:02 PM
My most disappointing would have to be Serious Sam HD.:thumbdwn:

ATi
12-11-09, 02:08 PM
operation flashpoint 2 and wolfenstein's MP

LydianKnight
12-11-09, 02:30 PM
For me it's quite clear, no matter how good a game is... asking 60 euros for a game like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and other Tier 1 titles is dishonest.

Another dissapointment for me is Black Mesa: Source not being released in 2009 like the devs said in the first place :zombie:

lee63
12-11-09, 02:57 PM
Cryostasis
MW2 SP
Operation Flashpoint 2
Wolfenstein

HiCZoK4
12-11-09, 03:17 PM
Cryostasis
MW2 SP
Operation Flashpoint 2
Wolfenstein's

I have to disagree with You about Cryostasis. It is vert unique and one of best psycho-horror-survival games.
I also liked Wolfenstein alot.

MW2 I can agree only about storyline
and op2 i agree completly

AdamK47
12-11-09, 03:34 PM
Red Faction Guerrilla ran flawlessly for me at 60 fps (most of the time) when I played through it.

Tygerwoody
12-11-09, 03:38 PM
1. Torchlight
2. Torchlight
3. Torchlight
4. Torchlight
5. Demigod(cant remember if it released this year or last....)

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 03:41 PM
Red Faction Guerrilla ran flawlessly for me at 60 fps (most of the time) when I played through it.

What's your system and OS?

crainger
12-11-09, 03:46 PM
I'm also gonna say Red Faction Guerilla, Lucidity and I'm also gonna throw in Boarderlands.

Boarderlands is a good game, just not what I expected from the initial release vids. I guess they did what they had to do to stop being a Fallout 3 clone.

Also the banning of numerous games this way and the regional pricing on steam for select titles.

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 03:52 PM
Boarderlands is a good game, just not what I expected from the initial release vids.

I can agree with that, it is not the massive open-world RPG shooter I expected, it is much more limited than that and the storyline is almost non-existant.

That said I cannot deny I loved the game.

AdamK47
12-11-09, 04:02 PM
What's your system and OS?

Das riggings (http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.aspx?rigid=34867)

JohnDio
12-11-09, 04:17 PM
Operation Flashpoint 2 and ProEvo 2010

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 04:43 PM
Das riggings (http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.aspx?rigid=34867)

Well of course it ran perfect then dude.

You still almost surely have the speed issue though, you likely never even noticed.

ATi
12-11-09, 04:45 PM
Das riggings (http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.aspx?rigid=34867)awesome I like your setup:thumbsup:

AdamK47
12-11-09, 04:55 PM
Well of course it ran perfect then dude.

You still almost surely have the speed issue though, you likely never even noticed.

Is there a You Tube video that shows it? I seriously never noticed if it did happed.

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 05:34 PM
Is there a You Tube video that shows it? I seriously never noticed if it did happed.

The game is kind of slow moving naturally, so when sped up it just seems like a more fast-paced game. If I find a video I will post it.

|MaguS|
12-11-09, 05:45 PM
Resident Evil 5, Game just blows...

ATi
12-11-09, 06:06 PM
Resident Evil 5, Game just blows...:screwy:

Sean_W
12-11-09, 06:41 PM
Saints Row 2 for the PC was total failage.

nutcrackr
12-11-09, 07:16 PM
Borderlands is the most overrated game of the decade.
Resident Evil 5 - 2nd most overrated game of the decade
Cryostasis Performance (Jesus Christ) - Thankfully the game was great.
Fallout 3 DLC - MS screwed the delivery up what's new
Peer2Peer MW2 - Dust has settled, it's worse than Dedicated and there is no denying this.
DLC selling well and becoming prevalent on PC. - nuff said.
Wolfenstein

|MaguS|
12-11-09, 08:02 PM
:screwy:

Worse of the main Resident Evils in my books. They all were horror based yet this one threw it all out just to grasp the action halo crowd. I would have preferred they would have kept old school style with better graphics.

ATi
12-11-09, 08:17 PM
Worse of the main Resident Evils in my books. They all were horror based yet this one threw it all out just to grasp the action halo crowd. I would have preferred they would have kept old school style with better graphics.true I agree :)
I still liked it:o

|MaguS|
12-11-09, 08:29 PM
true I agree :)
I still liked it:o

Rename it and it would be a decent game but because its called Resident Evil 5 I wanted a completely different experience.

mailman2
12-11-09, 08:37 PM
NarcissistZero - what OS were you using. I played most of it - not done yet though. Windows 7 x64 with 280 GTX and then HD5870. Never had a speed issue, runs great though. was a bit laggy with 280 GTX but the HD5870 runs it maxed out about 70 - 80 FPS. Some drops when big buildings go down, using Q9550 @ 4.1Ghz though.

My list is the opposite of most here, but to each his own.

Worst of 2009
ARMA II
Cryostasis
Resident Evil 5
Street Fighter IV
Rogue Warrior

Best of 2009
Batman AA
Red Faction Guerrilla
Call of Duty MW 2
NFS Shift
DiRT2
The Saboteur (is also looking to become a fav)