PDA

View Full Version : Australia's AG explains the bannings...

|MaguS|
12-11-09, 03:25 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/11/australian-attorney-general-offers-insight-into-aliens-vs-preda/

"I accept that 98 percent, 99 percent of gamers will tell the difference between fantasy and reality, but the 1 to 2 percent could go on to be motivated by these games to commit horrible acts of violence," Atkinson said.

Congrats crainger. Because 2% of your population might be retarded they seem fit to control what everyone plays.

crainger
12-11-09, 03:28 PM
Shut the **** up before I kill you |MagNuS|.

What about the 1-2% watching violent movies and TV shows. I'm pretty horrified that Bones and Dexter is shown on TV, but games are banned. **** Atkinson, he has dug himself a huge hole and he is scrambling to get out before his re-election.

|MaguS|
12-11-09, 03:32 PM
See thats what playing AVP does to do... you get the sudden urge to burst through someones chest.

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 03:45 PM
Some people crash cars, we should stop using them.

Actually all progress has hiccups and accidents, so we should just live in huts.

nekrosoft13
12-11-09, 03:47 PM

What about the 1-2% watching violent movies and TV shows. I'm pretty horrified that Bones and Dexter is shown on TV, but games are banned. **** Atkinson, he has dug himself a huge hole and he is scrambling to get out before his re-election.

what wrong with bones? it is like any other criminal investivation show.

nekrosoft13
12-11-09, 03:48 PM
they should also ban mario, what if someone decides to jump one someone head? instant death

btw, why was AvP banned? what does set it apart from any other shooter?

crainger
12-11-09, 05:13 PM
what wrong with bones? it is like any other criminal investivation show.

Nothing wrong, but it does have graphic images. Sure it's all after the fact, but you can't tell me it's worse than any games.

Religion is slowly being banned in Australia, so I guess Atkinson being a religious nutter will eventually be banned himself.

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 05:19 PM
I was watching Bones the other night and it made me want to kill and eat babies.

True story.

bob saget
12-11-09, 05:49 PM
I was watching Bones the other night and it made me want to kill and eat babies.

True story.

Did you go to Denny's then? :lol:

Armed_Baboon
12-11-09, 07:07 PM
hmmm, lets say 50% of the population play games of some form so are "gamers". That's 10 million people.

2% of that is 200,000 people. By his rationale an R rating for computer games would produce 200,000 violent murderers.

K007
12-11-09, 08:32 PM
him being still alive proves that r rating tames dont make people violent.

Rakeesh
12-11-09, 08:56 PM
See thats what playing AVP does to do... you get the sudden urge to burst through someones anus.

fixed. Remember this is crainger.

FearMeAll
12-11-09, 10:02 PM

I agree with Dexter. I've watched 3 seasons on DVD one month and I still cannot believe what I watched. I'm a sane individual, but good grief, a nut might copy that show! I got into the storyline so much, but I kept feeling like I shouldn't watch it. I hate sympathizing with a character like that..
sorry for the offtopic...

NarcissistZero
12-11-09, 10:04 PM
Im sick to death of pricks like Atkinson telling me what is good for me.

That's how these politicos think on both sides of the aisle, they know better than you do how to live your life.

ahheadlock
12-13-09, 08:42 PM
the other day i read through the bible and had an irresistible urge to set fire to 2 cities, force a father to kill his son and torture and nail a man to a cross for being a nice generous guy.

better ban it.

crainger
12-14-09, 03:32 AM
Looks like they are opening the debate on an R rating again, hopefully it's so overwhelming Atkinson can see how he is holding back our rights as a free nation and permits bring game rating to match the film ratings. I mean the same OFLC rates both, why not have the same ratings?

Fingers crossed.

Viral
12-14-09, 07:12 AM
They'd better or I'll blow up that idiots skull with my shoulder cannon!

Guess I belong to that 2% of crazy people... *polishes trophy skulls*

DeusGear
12-14-09, 07:16 AM
We should ban the bible because it tells us it's ok people we think are witches too.

General Lee
12-14-09, 08:05 AM
Better ban people as a whole, because some like to incite others to commit violent acts.

(See Muslim extremists)

/human race

:D

TheANIMAL
12-14-09, 09:04 AM
Now thats thinking with portals General.

ahheadlock
12-14-09, 11:03 PM
Looks like they are opening the debate on an R rating again, hopefully it's so overwhelming Atkinson can see how he is holding back our rights as a free nation and permits bring game rating to match the film ratings. I mean the same OFLC rates both, why not have the same ratings?

Fingers crossed.

Download and fill in the template here

http://www.ag.gov.au/gamesclassification#Skip