PDA

View Full Version : How do I install SourceMod in Counter-Strike: Source?

Kain
12-12-09, 07:34 AM
I've been given admin rights on a CS:S server. I installed SourceMod but can't seem to get it working. If I have installed everything correctly, should I be able to bring up the admin menu on the CS:S main screen without being in-game?

Bigbuck
12-12-09, 08:38 AM
First you need to have Metamod:Source installed. If you don't SourceMod will not work. You can verify that Metamod and SourceMod are loaded by typing "meta" and "sm", respectively, in the console. No, you cannot bring up the admin menu if you are not in game.

http://www.sourcemm.net/

Albo
12-12-09, 09:53 AM
I've been given admin rights on a CS:S server. I installed SourceMod but can't seem to get it working. If I have installed everything correctly, should I be able to bring up the admin menu on the CS:S main screen without being in-game?

1. No you shouldn't. You need to be inside the server to be able to do that.
2. Make sure you give yourself admin privileges. There is an admins.txt or something of the sort, and add your steam id on there and all of the powers.
3. If that still doesn't fix it. Reply back, and Ill help you further.

Kain
12-12-09, 10:38 AM
Okay, I think I have everything installed correctly. When in-game, if I type "meta" I get some info. Same when I type "sm" in the console. However, they gave me admin rights to the wrong server which I requested for a change to the correct server.

I'll report back once they switch me to the correct server and if I have any more issues.

Thank you both!

Misfire
12-12-09, 06:39 PM
you do not need to install sourcemod or anything for that matter if you are simply an admin on a server. that stuff is server side not client side.

All they have to do is put in your steamID into their sourcemod on the server.

All you have to do is simply type the commands in the console, like sm_say, sm_kick, sm_ban,

there is an sm_menu cmd I remember, havn't used SM in a while.

Bigbuck
12-12-09, 10:20 PM
sm_admin will bring up the admin menu. Personally I bind this to the F10 key using bind f10 "sm_admin".

Albo
12-12-09, 10:59 PM
Sourcemod is auto !admin
Beetlesmod is auto @menu
(Type those in the reagular Chat)
{TIA} Albo: !admin

Kain
12-13-09, 07:31 AM
I didn't have to install anything? Oh well. :p

They switched me to the correct server but if I type "sm_admin" in the console I get:
[SM] You do not have access to this command. Is this a problem from my end or their end?

Bigbuck
12-13-09, 09:51 AM
That means they didn't add you to their server or if they did, they did it wrong.

Albo
12-13-09, 09:52 AM
I didn't have to install anything? Oh well. :p

They switched me to the correct server but if I type "sm_admin" in the console I get: Is this a problem from my end or their end?

Their end, you have to give them your steam id. And they have to enter it into a cgf called admins or admins_simple or something like that.

Kain
12-13-09, 10:10 AM
I did give them my Steam ID. I guess they entered it incorrectly.