PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 advisor says

Airbrushkid
12-16-09, 03:32 AM
I decide to try there advisor to see if there where any problems before I install and i came across this.

Not compatible. The driver installed for this devise is nit compatible with Windows 7.

I have a Creative X-Fi Gamer sound card installed. And there newest driver. So what other driver could I use? I have been having problems with this card in Vista 64 to.

Sean_W
12-16-09, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't take no notice of an advisor with a spelling problem. :lol2:

mullet
12-17-09, 10:18 AM
:rofl

DiscipleDOC
12-17-09, 12:22 PM
:rofl

nekrosoft13
12-17-09, 01:45 PM
I have a Creative X-Fi Gamer sound card installed. And there newest driver. So what other driver could I use? I have been having problems with this card in Vista 64 to.

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&CatName=Sound+Blaster&subCatID=208&subCatName=X-Fi&prodID=15853&prodName=X-Fi+XtremeGamer&bTopTwenty=1&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_15853,VARSET=CategoryID:1

File Name : SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0013.exe
This download is a driver providing Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista® and Windows XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following audio devices only:

•Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty® Professional Series
•Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
•Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
•Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
•Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
•Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
•Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
•Sound Blaster X-Fi
Added Features or Enhancements:
For systems using Windows 7 or Windows Vista

•What U Hear feature is enabled.
To find out the Product ID of your audio device and if it supports the following feature in Windows XP, click here.

•Dolby® Digital and DTS® decode re-established for sound cards that included decoding in their Windows XP drivers (Not applicable for products that included a 3rd party software DVD player license in the package).
Requirements:

•Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista 32-bit with SP1, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005 or Windows XP MCE 2004
•Sound Blaster X-Fi audio devices listed above

Airbrushkid
12-17-09, 08:24 PM
Hi nekrosoft13,
Thank you but I already have that driver installed. That's the one that the advisor says is the problem and I've been having problems in Vista 64 to with that driver.

nekrosoft13
12-17-09, 09:13 PM
ignore the advisor, it will work

crainger
12-17-09, 10:56 PM
Please ignore Windows advisor and listen to the NeKrosoft Advisor.

Airbrushkid
12-17-09, 11:17 PM
Thank you guys will do what you said.

AdamK47
12-21-09, 11:08 AM
I use these drivers (http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/X-Fi-Auzen-2-20-0002-10-RC4-2-dated-5th-November-2009/td-p/540790). Creative is very very slow at releasing drivers. Thankfully there is someone who release the Auzen drivers for use with most X-Fi cards. These use Creative Labs 2.20.0002.10 driver dated 11/05/09. Much newer than what's on their support page.

Airbrushkid
12-28-09, 06:02 AM
Hey you where wrong. Windows 7 Advisor was right. I did Windows 7 Ultimate 64 upgrade. And sound not working.

nekrosoft13
12-28-09, 11:54 AM
learn to install drivers properly and it will work

Airbrushkid
12-28-09, 12:19 PM
What do you mean? When Windows 7 finish upgrading, there was no more sound coming from the sound card. It was working with Vista before the upgrade.

Airbrushkid
12-29-09, 10:39 AM
Finally got the sound to work and Creative's new driver are not the one's that work. I ended up using a set of drivers made by guy name Daniel_K. My next sound card will not be from Creative.

AdamK47
12-29-09, 11:00 AM
You mean, drivers from Danial_K like the ones I posted previously in this thread?

Airbrushkid
12-29-09, 11:13 AM
Not the sameones. I tried those and nothing.

nekrosoft13
12-29-09, 11:35 AM
Finally got the sound to work and Creative's new driver are not the one's that work. I ended up using a set of drivers made by guy name Daniel_K. My next sound card will not be from Creative.

1) Daniel_K does not make drivers

2) new creative driver works

3) post 13, you never installed driver in 7, based on your post you just upgraded and hoped that it would work. proper way would be to uninstall driver before upgrade, and then install fresh copy once windows 7 upgrade was complete

Airbrushkid
12-29-09, 11:53 AM
Never knew you had to uninstall drivers before a upgrade. Once the upgrade was done and I notice no sound. I used Driver Sweeper and reboot then CC. Next installed the new Creative drivers and still no sound. I tried card in different pci slots and uninstall driver several times. Tried the new drivers and tried the one's AdamK47 posted. And used Google a lot. And there's where I came across Daniel K drivers. And yes I know he didn't make them he modified them. And they are dated before the new Creatives came out.

1) Daniel_K does not make drivers

2) new creative driver works

3) post 13, you never installed driver in 7, based on your post you just upgraded and hoped that it would work. proper way would be to uninstall driver before upgrade, and then install fresh copy once windows 7 upgrade was complete

nekrosoft13
12-29-09, 12:01 PM
Never knew you had to uninstall drivers before a upgrade. Once the upgrade was done and I notice no sound. I used Driver Sweeper and reboot then CC. Next installed the new Creative drivers and still no sound. I tried card in different pci slots and uninstall driver several times. Tried the new drivers and tried the one's AdamK47 posted. And used Google a lot. And there's where I came across Daniel K drivers. And yes I know he didn't make them he modified them. And they are dated before the new Creatives came out.

usually you don't have to uninstall, them, but that is the logical thing to do. Also don't use driver sweeper these type of programs usually cause more trouble then they are worth.

Airbrushkid
12-29-09, 12:14 PM
Thank you. I'm working on my new problem. Starforce.

Airbrushkid
12-30-09, 01:49 AM
Didn't ask, so what's the best way to uninstall the sound card driver? I had to boot the tonight and the sound started acting up.

usually you don't have to uninstall, them, but that is the logical thing to do. Also don't use driver sweeper these type of programs usually cause more trouble then they are worth.

Airbrushkid
12-31-09, 04:24 AM
Finally fixed. I got tired of the X-fi card and driver problems, I decided to pull the card. And I am using the on board sound. It works sweet and no problem with drivers. Just downloaded them and installed and it works and still going.