PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead 2 Game Add-on #1 Announced

ATOJAR
12-18-09, 11:14 AM
Not sure if this has been posted already, Ive had a little look and could not find anything.

Sounds good.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3237/

Tygerwoody
12-18-09, 11:23 AM
These guys are milking this franchise for all its worth.

Good for them I say. Some people will say "we shouldn't have to pay for what should be free". As many crap games that are out there, they deserve to be rewarded. L4D franchise has been nothing but quality. It keeps my attention span each and every day with seemingly the same gameplay.

I'll be buying the add-on as long as its under 20 bucks.

General Lee
12-18-09, 11:55 AM
This has been posted already, but that okay.

I haven't seen any proof that they are going to charge for this so far. It might just be something available for download for free.

Tygerwoody
12-18-09, 12:15 PM
This has been posted already, but that okay.

I haven't seen any proof that they are going to charge for this so far. It might just be something available for download for free.

i think they will be charging. Otherwise they'd call it an update. Add-on usually = $$$

Crow_Nest
12-19-09, 01:20 PM
Awesome. I'd like to see how the two groups of survivors get together.

|MaguS|
12-19-09, 03:24 PM
i think they will be charging. Otherwise they'd call it an update. Add-on usually = $$$

It will probably be free for PC with X360 having to pay for it much like Crash Course.

nutcrackr
12-20-09, 04:04 AM
I wonder how long Valve will keep going the free route on the PC. I don't think they will continue free forever. Maybe it would be with this pack. I'd be very interested in seeing the response from L4D2 gamers if they charge for it on PC though.

Crow_Nest
12-20-09, 09:02 AM
Valve has always released DLC to PC users for free, they have always supported the PC and i hope they continue to.

Tygerwoody
12-20-09, 09:47 AM
Valve has always released DLC to PC users for free, they have always supported the PC and i hope they continue to.

Show me where Valve called something an "add-on" for a popular game and didn't charge.

Crow_Nest
12-20-09, 11:05 AM
Show me where Valve called something an "add-on" for a popular game and didn't charge.

None as far as i can remember. Unless you count expansion packs.

NarcissistZero
12-20-09, 11:11 AM
They might charge, and honestly a whole new and normal sized campaign is worth a few bucks, but I doubt they will.

Sazar
12-20-09, 12:06 PM

They totally charged for the last DLC for L4D :wonder:

:bleh:

|MaguS|
12-20-09, 12:16 PM

Because that was barely anything, user created mods are better then Crash Course. Hell Crash Course also included more bugs then new content.

snowmanwithahat
12-20-09, 12:27 PM

are you full of ****?

Crash Course wasn't DLC they charged for.

They have NEVER charged for updates / new maps. The only thing they've ever charged for is EXPANSIONS

I know this is hard for some of you, but think WAY back to the HL2 release / CS:S they promptly added the 3 other skins for terrorists / CTs, they added de_train, de_nuke, cs_militia, they added HDR to the game. They have provided updates and new maps like this with every single game they've made... TF2 included I'm sure, but I hardly play that. Just throwing it out there, these updates have always been free unless its a full expansion like episode 1, 2 (episodic content seems to be making its way into the l4d franchise with the campaign updates :( ).... now this might be a change where they treat new campaigns like episodic content... but it would certainly be something new for Valve

Sazar
12-20-09, 12:37 PM
are you full of ****?

Crash Course wasn't DLC they charged for.

They have NEVER charged for updates / new maps. The only thing they've ever charged for is EXPANSIONS

I know this is hard for some of you, but think WAY back to the HL2 release / CS:S they promptly added the 3 other skins for terrorists / CTs, they added de_train, de_nuke, cs_militia, they added HDR to the game. They have provided updates and new maps like this with every single game they've made... TF2 included I'm sure, but I hardly play that. Just throwing it out there, these updates have always been free unless its a full expansion like episode 1, 2 (episodic content seems to be making its way into the l4d franchise with the campaign updates :( ).... now this might be a change where they treat new campaigns like episodic content... but it would certainly be something new for Valve

Dude, shut the **** up and take a chill pill. Apparently you don't have a sarcasm meter in your body and a complete inability to read smiley's. :rolleyes:

snowmanwithahat
12-20-09, 01:16 PM
Dude, shut the **** up and take a chill pill. Apparently you don't have a sarcasm meter in your body and a complete inability to read smiley's. :rolleyes:

Yeh, my sarcasm meter has been broken for years.

In that case! I'll just go over here and dance with myself in the corner------------------> (nana2)

LordJuanlo
12-21-09, 06:21 AM
Not sure if they will follow the TF2 route with L4D2. Anyway we have got 5 full length campaigns with the game, if they sell the addon for a small fee I will pay for it, the game deserves it.

Crow_Nest
12-21-09, 09:54 AM

Only for the Xbox users, PC users got it for free as usual. Also keep in mind crash course was also an entirely new campaign, just that it was only 2 levels.