PDA

View Full Version : Games aren't coming out often enough.

Pages : [1] 2

MaXThReAT
12-19-09, 06:32 AM
I feel for the past year PC games haven't been coming out often enough. I'm not saying we didn't get allot of good games this year because we did but I feel like I've played everything, two or three times or more. I think I've literal tried and played everything. I'm just hanging on the edge waiting for something new, a demo or anything. Twin Sector and Divinity II are like the last games this year. The next game is Mass Effect 2 and then RUSE and Bioshock2 in Feb 2010. Jan of 09 I thought we would have Mafia II, APB, Aliens vs. Predator, maybe even Alan Wake. We've been waiting for Aliens vs. Predator since late 2006. I can't even remember the name of that really cool DX10 FPS/RPG I've been waiting years for. The one with the dragons and arrows and a whole bunch of physics and graphics. What the hell happened to all the physics in games? Whats happening with 2 Days to Vegas or Warhound? Project Offset that was the name of that FPS/RPG game. What happened this year? My tree is normally packed with PC games but this year I will not be getting a single one. I've got them all already. I'll be getting a bunch of PSP games and stuff though, I'm sure. A good line up coming later in 2010 into March but man what a letdown for this X-mas. Ehh it's 4am here /rant

NarcissistZero
12-19-09, 07:24 AM
I think you're nutty, there are too many games coming out, not too few. This Fall season was packed with great titles from end to end.

HiCZoK4
12-19-09, 07:37 AM
Yep. Too much for me too

General Lee
12-19-09, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I think there's too many good ones coming out too fast. I remember the good ol' days, when only one great game would come out a YEAR...like DOOM, Duke Nukem 3D, etc.

ViN86
12-19-09, 09:40 AM
If you never want to be without games, get a console too. Then you have PC and console releases to keep up with. That keeps you busy :lol:

TheANIMAL
12-19-09, 09:46 AM
What about the 500 indie games and the doezens of Total Conversion mods?

Kaguya
12-19-09, 09:46 AM
I agree, there are so many games on my 'to do' list that I don't think I'll even get to them with other big games just around the corner :D It definitely slows down come summer, but that's when I can catch up on older titles in preparation for the new season.

Bah!
12-19-09, 10:57 AM
Call of Duty MW 2
Street Fighter 4
Braid
Batman AA
Dragon Age
Left 4 Dead 2
Resident Evil 5
Torchlight
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Prototype
Borderlands
Trine
Mirror's Edge
Call of Juarez 2
Risen
Demigod
Drakensang
Cryostasis

All of those came out this year on the PC, and that list doesn't in include a ton of other games like Aion, CO, etc.

I with everyone else, there are just too damn many games to play these days. Between my PC and PS3 I still haven't even played all the games from last year that I want to finish, and in the next 2 weeks alone there will be another 5-10 games that i want to play.

Not complaining, just saying it seems to complete opposite of what the OP is saying.

methimpikehoses
12-19-09, 11:00 AM
I have a backlog of games to finish myself...

jAkUp
12-19-09, 01:23 PM
I thought this XMas was loaded with games.. MW2, L4D, Shattered Horizon and more keep me busy.

LurkerLito
12-19-09, 01:37 PM
I think there are too many games also. I have a HUGE backlog already, and if you include the stuff that are older and were on sale, I don't think I could finish them for quite some time, if I finish them at all.

nekrosoft13
12-19-09, 01:40 PM
grazy topic

i have a back catalog of about 20+ games that i bought and probably will never finish.

fasedww
12-19-09, 01:48 PM
grazy topic

i have a back catalog of about 20+ games that i bought and probably will never finish.

Mee too':p

JasonPC
12-19-09, 02:01 PM
I think the reason you feel that way is because a lot of the big name titles that were going to be released in 2009 were delayed to 2010. But I think what that's going to end up meaning is that there's going to be a ton of games in 2010. Still there were a lot of games in 2009 and even 2008 that I haven't got around to buying yet.

MaXThReAT
12-19-09, 02:46 PM
Call of Duty MW 2
Street Fighter 4
Braid
Batman AA
Dragon Age
Left 4 Dead 2
Resident Evil 5
Torchlight
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Prototype
Borderlands
Trine
Mirror's Edge
Call of Juarez 2
Risen
Demigod
Drakensang
Cryostasis

All of those came out this year on the PC, and that list doesn't in include a ton of other games like Aion, CO, etc.

I with everyone else, there are just too damn many games to play these days. Between my PC and PS3 I still haven't even played all the games from last year that I want to finish, and in the next 2 weeks alone there will be another 5-10 games that i want to play.

Not complaining, just saying it seems to complete opposite of what the OP is saying.

Call of Duty MW 2 Own it/Played it/beat it
Street Fighter 4 Own it/Played it/beat it
Braid Own it/Played it/beat it
Batman AA Own it/Played it/beat it
Dragon Age Own it/Played it/beat it
Left 4 Dead 2 Own it/Played it
Resident Evil 5 Did not like it
Torchlight Did not like it
Red Faction: Guerrilla Own it/Played it/beat it
Prototype Own it/Played it/beat it
Borderlands Own it/Played it/beat it
Trine Did not like it
Mirror's Edge Own it/Played it/beat it/loved it
Call of Juarez 2 Own it/Played it/beat it
Risen Own it/Played it/beat it
Demigod Did not like it
Drakensang Own it/Played it/beat it
Cryostasis Own it/Played it/beat it/loved it

I'm not saying a grip of good games didn't come out just not nearly enough for me. I've just played everything and almost all DLC. I just wish there was more. Sorry for all you gamers that just can't find time to finish your backlog of 20+ games but I actually play games. I buy them, finish them, play the MP and a month or two later I'm done. I think it's pretty stupid to buy over 20 games and not finish them. I'm even thinking of reinstalling FXS just to finish the few missions I never did. I am somewhat pissed so many things were pushed from this holiday season but even so it would have only been an extra 4 or 5 games. I wish we had an extra 10-20 good games. Don't even mention indie games me and my GF have played every indie game made that's worth a damn, hundreds of stupid hidden object games, every single Adventure company game ever made. I'm done with World of Goo, Plants Vs Zombies, Worms and all the other little games. But that's not even it I want another FarCry, another Doom or another Tomb Raider. There isn't a game that isn't some little nothing game that I haven't played and finished. The only game I even want to play right now is ARMAII and it's starting to get kinda old but the mods are really rolling out. Another 10-20 good games this year would have made me happy.

LT.Schaffer
12-19-09, 03:12 PM
ArmA II
Secret Of Monkey Island Special Edition
Serious Sam HD
Killing Floor
Tales Of Monkey Island Series
Wallace&Gromit Series
Plants Vs Zombies

ATi
12-19-09, 03:23 PM
I have a backlog of games to finish myself...+3

NarcissistZero
12-19-09, 04:05 PM
Call of Duty MW 2 Own it/Played it/beat it
Street Fighter 4 Own it/Played it/beat it
Braid Own it/Played it/beat it
Batman AA Own it/Played it/beat it
Dragon Age Own it/Played it/beat it
Left 4 Dead 2 Own it/Played it
Resident Evil 5 Did not like it
Torchlight Did not like it
Red Faction: Guerrilla Own it/Played it/beat it
Prototype Own it/Played it/beat it
Borderlands Own it/Played it/beat it
Trine Did not like it
Mirror's Edge Own it/Played it/beat it/loved it
Call of Juarez 2 Own it/Played it/beat it
Risen Own it/Played it/beat it
Demigod Did not like it
Drakensang Own it/Played it/beat it
Cryostasis Own it/Played it/beat it/loved it

You have a lot of free time.

CaptNKILL
12-19-09, 04:58 PM
grazy topic

Same here.

Bladestorm
12-19-09, 06:14 PM
Have you ever thought of maybe going outside or reading a book?:ass:

MaXThReAT
12-19-09, 06:26 PM
You have a lot of free time.

I probably do. I haven't worked for over a year, didn't need to and didn't want to. I just picked up something part time but really just for the benifits. Don't get me wrong I have many other hobbies but PCs and PC games are at the top they're cheaper too.

Same here.

Please if you don't mind could you share with us the 20+ games that you actually liked and haven't finished, maybe I missed one?... or just list the 20+ that were so fun that you'll never finish, that made this such a great year in PC gaming....if you would be so kind. I say what a waste of your money. 20+ games thats what probably almost $1k in games to finish. :thumbdwn:

Armed_Baboon
12-19-09, 06:34 PM
OP needs to get outside for some exercise and sunlight

Pennyboy
12-19-09, 06:58 PM
For me there is plenty of games coming out, I can barely find the time to finish the games I have at the moment. Bioshock for example, I bought over a year ago and its only now I am trying to find the time to play it through.

But don't buy a console just to play more games, consoles are evil things lol

NarcissistZero
12-19-09, 07:05 PM
I probably do. I haven't worked for over a year, didn't need to and didn't want to. I just picked up something part time but really just for the benifits. Don't get me wrong I have many other hobbies but PCs and PC games are at the top they're cheaper too.

I'm unemployed right now too, unfortunately. I would probably burn through them all as quick as you if it weren't for my girlfriend making me stop playing, or my love of replaying old games.

All I have played the last 3 days is Monkey Island 2.

MaXThReAT
12-19-09, 07:06 PM
OP needs to get outside for some exercise and sunlight

You should read my posts. I think you would be surprised to find what you can accomplish when your not working eight hours a day or nine, ten hours with breaks, traffic and getting ready. I've gone skiing three times this week, biked once and visited some family for a birthday and I'm about to go out for the night getting dinner and going to a party. I would go out and fly one my rc helicopters or a drive during the day but its been a bit cool. Besides who are any of you to tell me how to spend my time, that's not what this is about. This is about not enough games coming out...IMO I mean. I finished Bioshock within weeks and again months later for the other endings. Some finished in days hours even. I guess there are too many great games for you guys, so many you can't even be bothered to finish them. Maybe you just need to advance another five feet to stop the enemies from re spawning again. Did you finish HL2? How about Crysis, are you guys still working through FEAR or FEAR2. Maybe you all are having a hard time getting through Batman or MW2...they are pretty long aren't they?