PDA

View Full Version : Games Can somewhat hose Your System

Mr Bigman
12-19-09, 01:26 PM
Ya know with Vista and 7 out its hard not hosing your setup with all this safedisk or securedisk bs.

I know you have to do more than just install the games but when you do you have to restart and than guess what/ System either goes into repair mode or blue screens but only quick fix is last good configuration.

Shouldn't have to go that far but these older games like earned in blood or even splinter cell, your stuff won't boot right after setting those games up unless you follow some trick to get rid of the bos drm so this is for some of you pubs, i see this crap again than i will take action and it won't be pretty either.

nekrosoft13
12-19-09, 01:30 PM
step away from the keyboard

crainger
12-19-09, 02:57 PM
Only thing that could hose my system is a Bigman post... *crainger has logged off*

bob saget
12-19-09, 03:18 PM
Only thing that could hose my system is a Bigman post... *crainger has logged off*

*Network shows crainger as still online. Commence primary ignition*

|MaguS|
12-19-09, 03:22 PM
Bigman theres an easy fix if you have a problem. Just delete the windows folder in your C:\ and your PC will work fine.

grey_1
12-19-09, 04:13 PM
Ya know with Vista and 7 out its hard not hosing your setup with all this safedisk or securedisk bs.

I know you have to do more than just install the games but when you do you have to restart and than guess what/ System either goes into repair mode or blue screens but only quick fix is last good configuration.

Shouldn't have to go that far but these older games like earned in blood or even splinter cell, your stuff won't boot right after setting those games up unless you follow some trick to get rid of the bos drm so this is for some of you pubs, i see this crap again than i will take action and it won't be pretty either.
I haven't had an issue with this either on Vista 64 or Win 7 64 bit.

Games played range in age from the original Doom to present day.

Mr Bigman
12-19-09, 04:49 PM
I can play those fine and haven't had this issue yet but i prevented it cuz of the stupid starforce or safedisk crap they plant on your system and 7 or vista doesn't like it so it fails to boot or goes to repair option which i did and its fine but it almost hacked my stuff.

|MaguS|
12-19-09, 05:08 PM
I can play those fine and haven't had this issue yet but i prevented it cuz of the stupid starforce or safedisk crap they plant on your system and 7 or vista doesn't like it so it fails to boot or goes to repair option which i did and its fine but it almost hacked my stuff.

No

bob saget
12-19-09, 05:15 PM
I dont like hosers. Methimhosers is fine though.

ViN86
12-19-09, 05:29 PM
Can we create a read-only limited account for Bigman?

Mr Bigman
12-19-09, 05:36 PM
We tried that some years ago and with my god like abilities, it failed shaw so deal with it vim86 or who ever you are. Vin68, you must be mob cuz of name.

Redeemed
12-19-09, 05:40 PM
We tried that some years ago and with my god like abilities, it failed shaw so deal with it vim86 or who ever you are. Vin68, you must be mob cuz of name.

Mind. Iz. Blown. :headexplode:

nekrosoft13
12-19-09, 05:57 PM
Can we create a read-only limited account for Bigman?

automatically move all his post to test forum section

methimpikehoses
12-19-09, 06:08 PM
hahaha, vim86 :lol:

lumpyhed
12-20-09, 05:14 AM
These are what nocds are for..

nutcrackr
12-20-09, 05:38 AM
I installed Crysis and my motherboard caught fire.

General Lee
12-20-09, 09:13 AM
I once heard someone installed Starforce, and the computer immediately took a dump...right on his desk. :bleh:

lumpyhed
12-20-09, 05:24 PM
Like a boss?!