PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem with Razer Lachesis

mcolbourn
12-22-09, 03:45 AM
Guys I have a really weird problem with my Razer Lachesis. A lot of the time but not always when I boot up the mouse pointer does not move on the screen even when the Lachesis has power. If I unplug it and plug it back in then it works OK. As I said this happens most of the time but some times it works fine on boot-up.

I have tried the latest firmware and driver for the mouse and also older firmware versions but still get the issue.

Any ideas on what may be causing this? as I am flat out of ideas.

btw I am running Windows 7 64bit

Rakeesh
12-22-09, 04:16 AM
It's a buggy mouse.

I think what you'll find the most annoying is how the buttons on the right side have a tendency to "stick" even when you haven't touched them all day. I read some other reviews on this mouse and apparently I wasn't the only one with this problem.

And even after the firmware fix, it still occasionally had a tendency to just at random decide to not move when you'd move it.

I took mine back and got a logitech g9 instead (its $45 on bestbuy.com right now btw, and they might still have their $1 shipping deal too.) Or if you *must* have that extra DPI, the g9x is $65.

nekrosoft13
12-22-09, 11:14 AM
also returned lachesis after a day of use.