PDA

View Full Version : Aliens Vs Predator Story Trailer

AMC_Duke
12-22-09, 10:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7pBDx45hdk&feature=player_embedded

3 mins of gameplay featured with lance henriksen voice acting (nana2)

NarcissistZero
12-22-09, 10:59 AM
Wow, they're getting so good at these pseudo movie trailers. That was awesome.

Redeemed
12-22-09, 11:27 AM
Hmm...

lee63
12-22-09, 11:56 AM
Oh my....I cant wait :D first Ill play SP and then off to MP (lee63)

Crow_Nest
12-22-09, 12:04 PM
Looks sick. The aliens look more disturbing this time. My only fear is that it will turn out to be your typical console port. And the marine walking animations dont look fluid, they seem to be moving faster than the distance their legs are moving.

In any case im still excited for this.

Ninja Prime
12-22-09, 12:40 PM
...Was that first marine who talked Dee Snider? I could almost swear it was.

Redeemed
12-22-09, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I noticed the marines walking was a bit off. Also, I'm afraid that there might be a piss-poor SP mode. I'm wondering if their focus is on multiplayer.

What I mean is, did they actually put out the effort to have a good SP story and plot? Or will it just be you pick a side and vs a bunch of NPCs in a map of your choosing?

I hope it's got a *very* good plot with lot's of excellent atmosphere and character development. I could see them doing this- with the AvP conflict being brought to that base and the marines having to ward both off in the end... odds obviously being heavily stacked against them. Could make for some incredibly SP moments.

Regardless, that trailer doesn't give much of a hint as to what the SP will be like. I'm still looking forward to this, however. :)

Mr. Hunt
12-22-09, 12:53 PM
...Was that first marine who talked Dee Snider? I could almost swear it was.

Lol, don't think it was... definitely heard some similarities, though.

bob saget
12-22-09, 04:45 PM
Predator is the best. Alien is just a f*cking worm.

ClosetFanBoy
12-23-09, 10:29 PM
I'm excited. Besides Rage, this has jumped to the forefront of my most wanted list.

There are those rare gems that just make your hair stand up on end. The original AvP did that. Sitting in the dark, headphones cranked up, good sh!t. Hope they capture that once again.

K007
12-23-09, 11:02 PM
I hope the PC version has away to turn off that crappy bloom/blue glow...

bob saget
01-07-10, 04:18 AM
:wonder:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iYXehSi6KJQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iYXehSi6KJQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Redeemed
01-07-10, 10:29 AM
CryEngine? :wonder:

Kinda' looked like it. Noticed a similar "suit function" implementation to what Crysis uses.

Viral
01-07-10, 07:46 PM
lol nah it's not cryengine.

Loved the Predalien at the end. The only thing that annoys me is how the shoulder cannon just turns aliens into limbs... doesn't look realistic in this day and age. Was cool in '99, not anymore.

BioHazZarD
01-08-10, 07:17 AM
eh its supposed to do that, thoose canons have power if u didnt know that, and aliens skin isnt exactly super thick.

gulizard
01-08-10, 07:48 AM
It better blow holes in the marines, if not I will be angry. It has always blown holes through humans.

bob saget
01-08-10, 04:00 PM
it would be cool if the alien blood drained some of your health.

gulizard
01-08-10, 05:44 PM
it would be cool if the alien blood drained some of your health.

It does. Its acid. Its always done it. Even in AVP2

bob saget
01-08-10, 06:10 PM
It does. Its acid. Its always done it. Even in AVP2

oh ok, i never played that one.