View Full Version : Corsair Obsidian 800D

josiahsuarez
12-23-09, 12:06 AM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/josiahsuarez/41XY8dXAXOL_SS400_.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139001

thinking about getting this..worth it?

lee63
12-23-09, 12:23 AM
I really like it..except for the window is curved.

nekrosoft13
12-23-09, 12:29 AM
worth it?

depends, if you know for 100% that you will be doing water cooling from start, then yes

if you plan on using air cooling then NO. this case has one of the worst air cooling performance in full size cases.

as far as intake fans ago, there are two on bottom, that pull air from the ground, one fan is half obstructed by the PSU. air from those fans is drawn into PSU chamber, then there is a single fan that takes air from PSU chamber into the motherboard chamber.

really bad design for air cooling

another horrible design choice is the air filter, air filter for the bottom fans pulls out toward the back, which means that you have to move the case about foot and half away from anything that it might be standing against (for example wall), just to remove the filter. and then the weight comes into play, made from steel heaviest full size case.

josiahsuarez
12-23-09, 06:48 AM
depends, if you know for 100% that you will be doing water cooling from start, then yes

if you plan on using air cooling then NO. this case has one of the worst air cooling performance in full size cases.

as far as intake fans ago, there are two on bottom, that pull air from the ground, one fan is half obstructed by the PSU. air from those fans is drawn into PSU chamber, then there is a single fan that takes air from PSU chamber into the motherboard chamber.

really bad design for air cooling

another horrible design choice is the air filter, air filter for the bottom fans pulls out toward the back, which means that you have to move the case about foot and half away from anything that it might be standing against (for example wall), just to remove the filter. and then the weight comes into play, made from steel heaviest full size case.

good points. I would have thought this case would have great air cooling performance, but checking corsairs forum that seems to be the #1 complaint. disappointing...I really want a case that's black on the inside too, unfortunately there aren't many :/

my ancient cooler master case uses 80mm fans and its LOUD AS HELL! I can't stand this noise anymore :headexplode:

fasedww
12-23-09, 10:11 AM
I really like it..except for the window is curved.

Yeah that is kind of weird, But someone will make a replacment window eventually for it I bet.