PDA

View Full Version : Mechwarrior: Living Legends Beta

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shamrock
12-23-09, 09:57 PM
http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

The Beta starts December 26, 2009. If you have Crysis, you can test it.

After more than 3 years of blood, sweat and beers, of failure and success, of missed sleep and neglected personal hygiene, the time has finally come to share our work with the world. Yes, Wandering Samurai is proud to present MechWarrior: Living Legends and would like to invite the world to participate in our open beta program which will start on December 26th 2009.

ragejg
12-23-09, 10:33 PM
Why does it require Crysis?

Bigbuck
12-23-09, 10:36 PM
It's a Crysis mod.

MowTin
12-23-09, 11:06 PM
Looks impressive.

But what are the fighter planes about? I even see this space battle going on.

Also, isn't "Mechwarrior" a licensed brand?

bacon12
12-23-09, 11:51 PM
Looks really nice will be grabbing this one.

TheANIMAL
12-24-09, 01:56 AM
Looks impressive.

But what are the fighter planes about? I even see this space battle going on.

Also, isn't "Mechwarrior" a licensed brand?

Nothing to worry about, Aerospace has been a part of the MechWarrior universe its just that no mechwarior game has chosen to implement them before.

Also, the permission to make a mechwarrior game was issued over 3 years ago.

crainger
12-24-09, 03:04 AM
Awesome. Wish I could try this, but I wont have my PC set up again for another month yet. ::(:

trivium nate
12-24-09, 08:40 PM
eh ill try it out

Sgt_Pitt
12-24-09, 08:53 PM
bought crysis on steam just for this mod, hope its good.

MaXThReAT
12-24-09, 10:39 PM
This mod is going to be great. I've still got my MS sidewinder. FF would just be sick in this mod but I'm not going to hold my breath.

methimpikehoses
12-24-09, 11:08 PM
This should be one of the top 5 Crysis games of 2010.

jlippo
12-25-09, 03:33 AM
This might be the mechwarrior game that displaces one of the holy trinity of 3 best Mech games. (Mech warrior 2(and merceneries), Mechforce on Amiga and the pc mechforce clone (chich name I do not remember)).

Simply put Mechwarrior2 is one of the most perfect simulation experiances one could hope for the MW universe even if its ridiculously old and Mechforce is almost perfect clone of the board game with incredible accuracy of heat management and battlefield usage in warfare.

If this mod gets even somewhere near those games, it will be one of the best 'simulation' games of this century.

TheANIMAL
12-25-09, 08:34 AM
Wel it was made by people who love the franchise just as much as any Mechwarrior nut. So i hope for the best.

marqmajere
12-25-09, 02:35 PM
Finally! I'm not sure about the protomechs, considering they were a bit op, but the rest of it looks amazing! Time to go out and buy crysis. :D

TheANIMAL
12-26-09, 04:47 PM
Damn the official website it slowing down to a crawl!

First download link is a torrent: can be found here http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/forum/index.php/topic,6109.0.html

DiscipleDOC
12-26-09, 04:56 PM
Looks nice. I hope this is as good as it looks....

TheANIMAL
12-26-09, 05:51 PM
One of the official non-torrent download sites is up http://www.mwlldownload.com/

trivium nate
12-26-09, 05:56 PM
downloading thanks

Sgt_Pitt
12-26-09, 06:29 PM
ffs 404 error, and torrent isnt working for me.

nutcrackr
12-26-09, 07:16 PM
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /binary/MWLL-OpenBeta1.rar on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.mwlldownload.com Port 80

ATOJAR
12-27-09, 01:58 PM
So has anybody played it? Whats it like?

TheANIMAL
12-27-09, 03:38 PM
Its buggy as hell at times.

Keeps crashing every five minutes, seems there are PunkBuster related issues, anticheating protocols are getting in the way quite alot and other people keep saying they are gettin gkicked form the server for no reason.

Hmmmm, also seems to be some wall collision problems overall for anything moving at great speed.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2923/screenshot0000l.th.jpg (http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2923/screenshot0000l.jpg)

I've fallen though the ground a few times.

I havent tested anything much other than the mechs and battle armour which both feel great.

Animations and overall effects are smooth and pretty awsome, controls take a bit of getting used to but its pretty fun, especially if you take a heavy weapon and 1 hit kill a power armour like with a large ER laser or guass rifle. :D :D :D

Sound is a littel buggy but that has been reported for some people, seems like there is a huge amount of work to do, it all still seems quite WIP.

Bug list can be found here: http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/forum/index.php/board,82.0.html

trivium nate
12-27-09, 05:12 PM
dumb question how do u get it working?

TheANIMAL
12-27-09, 06:45 PM
dumb question how do u get it working?

I hope this helps.

Installation

Requirements
Crysis installed and patched to 1.21
Directions
Upon downloading the mod you should have an archived directory.
This directory should be extracted to your Crysis install Directory which usually looks like “C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis”
Replacing Action-Maps
For MWLL to function properly we have adjusted an created an actionmap for players to begin with.
You MUST replace your Crysis Action maps.
To do this, copy the file “example_actionmaps_for_joystick.xml”

You'll find example_actionmaps_for_joystick.xml in MWLL

Paste this file your Crysis profile contained in

mydocuments\mygames\Crysis\default\
mydocuments\mygames\Crysis\YOURUSERNAME\

The file must be renamed to actionmaps.xml

I would advise backing up your original action map becuse it screws around with vanilla crysis controls.

Launching the game
You may launch the game using the MWLL Laucher
MWLL Launcher.exe is contained in Crysis\Mods\mwll folder

Alternatively you can add a –mod mwll in the target of a shortcut to the crysis executables. It will look like this

“"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Bin64\Crysis.exe" -mod mwll”

Good luck, this doesn't seem to be working for everybody.

Johnny C
12-28-09, 11:14 AM
Spent some time playing last night and today....and I have to say it looks Great!

However there are a laundry list of issues that make this an early alpha release @ best.

I could spend half the day listing problems...but if you play it for any length of time, you'll simply develop your own list.

Needs a lot more polish...