PDA

View Full Version : Benchmark database?

Codeman
07-03-03, 10:48 AM
Are there any sites out there who have compiled all video card benchmarks so that one might do side-by-side comparisons? It's a pain in the butt trying to find a review that compares two specific cards. If no one has yet, does someone want to give me some web space so I can build it myself? :)

The Baron
07-03-03, 10:53 AM
It's a hell of a lot more complicated than you think.

To do so, you would have the same box performing every benchmark, so it would rapidly become out of date (if you started right now, your CPU would be out of date by the time Lo(c/k)i or R420 comes out).

But meh. If you want to try it, give it a shot.

Codeman
07-03-03, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
It's a hell of a lot more complicated than you think.

To do so, you would have the same box performing every benchmark, so it would rapidly become out of date (if you started right now, your CPU would be out of date by the time Lo(c/k)i or R420 comes out).

But meh. If you want to try it, give it a shot.

Damn, you're right. I hadn't thought of that. Well, I guess all I need is for someone to donate one of every video card so I can do the benchmarks myself once every six months. And after a couple of years, I can make a full time job out of it. ;)

Wouldn't it be sweet, though, to go into an online utility and choose a system setup that most closely matches your own and then select one or more video cards to see the benchmarks? It would be a lot of work, but it would be awesome.

-Codeman

The Baron
07-03-03, 11:04 AM
Well, that's kinda the point of the Futuremark ORB thingy.

Codeman
07-03-03, 01:07 PM
most people don't have access to that. Who's going to want to purchase 3DMark03 just to see benchmark comparisons? Beside, who really trusts those numbers anyway? I'd much rather see UT or Quake numbers.

Skuzzy
07-03-03, 01:47 PM
I ran a site exactly like that for about a year and a half. Finally shut it down late last year due to no hits.