PDA

View Full Version : DE-AUTHORIZING GAMES!! Which ones?

XDanger
12-29-09, 01:45 PM
Ive been playing GTAIV all this year so haven't had much need to put anything on my 7 drive but now I must.

The EA De-Auth tool only showed up Crysis Warhead and not Mirrors Edge so does that mean I De-Auth'd Mirrors Edge already and forgot?

Are there any other non EA games that need De-Authorizing apart from GTAIV?

NarcissistZero
12-29-09, 02:01 PM
I didn't know GTA4 required it, it has SecuROM but I thought it was unlimited activations.

Batman Arkham Asylum has a deauth but you get so many I wouldn't worry about it.

mailman2
12-29-09, 02:38 PM
I didn't know GTA4 required it, it has SecuROM but I thought it was unlimited activations.

Batman Arkham Asylum has a deauth but you get so many I wouldn't worry about it.

GTA IV is 5 but there is a deauth tool. I dont know about the retail DVD version though. I own Steam and D2D copies. D2D definitely has to be deauth'd.

LurkerLito
12-29-09, 03:39 PM
IIRC you can get the Mirror's Edge Deauth from EA's support website. Batman definitely has one it's on my steam tools section.

Sazar
12-29-09, 04:02 PM
I just wish they would fix it so that if you uninstalled in Steam, it automatically de-auth'd.

I can't keep track of all the authorizations needed for my games. My steam library is relatively substantive :(

XDanger
12-29-09, 04:24 PM
I think Far Cry 2 supposedly de-authorizes the instal on un-installation but my firewall got in the way of that I think.

I only have 3 games installed on 7 in steam and have backed them up.

Is it now simply a matter of uninstalling steam and reinstalling to its new location and running the back-ups to get em back?

mailman2
12-29-09, 05:11 PM
I really wish that all Steam games had any 3rd party DRM removed.

NarcissistZero
12-29-09, 08:11 PM
I think Far Cry 2 supposedly de-authorizes the instal on un-installation but my firewall got in the way of that I think.

Far Cry 2 patched out the limit anyway.

Rakeesh
12-29-09, 09:54 PM
Just download a crack and be done with it.

Johnny C
12-30-09, 09:15 AM
Just download a crack and be done with it.

Normally I wouldn't agree...and I never agree with (lee)

but come on....you own the damn game....and they're still screwing you around with authorized this and that....crack it....and be done.

I hate having to put the stupid cd/dvd into the damn drive after a game is installed....it's ridiculous.

NarcissistZero
12-30-09, 09:34 AM
It's not piracy to use a crack to play something you legally purchased. I see no issue with it and if EA and others never patch out the DRM on some games you can bet your ass I will crack them.