PDA

View Full Version : Having weird problem with F.E.A.R

HiCZoK4
12-29-09, 06:43 PM
I just reinstalled F.E.A.R first one becouse I saw how it runs on my buddy pc who have 8800gts320 and offcourse just as ****ing always there are problems. Installed the game, Patched to 1.08. Cranked to max 1680x1050 aax2 soft shadows off.

And It wont go more tham 44-50 fps which is somehow sluggish and bad. The point is fps says the same even If I lower everything.

I discovered there is fix. Just set everything to high etc etc. and turn off game. Start it again and DONT GO INTO OPTIONS becouse if I do (even just click on options and go back without changing anything) The framerate will lock at above.

Without going there it works 100+ and its great... for sometime before limit tick itself again ;/ WTF?! Even my famous alt-tab solution doesnt work. I have to restart game WITHOUT GOING to options :lol: this is riddicolous:headexplode:

It is working great for my buddy (320gts) no fps limit whatsoever. But he is running windows XP and unpatched game.

And I am 7 64bit patched. everything else is working fine.

ALWAYS PROBLEMS WITH THIS DAMN GAME !!! Am I cursed or what?

nomec
12-29-09, 07:02 PM
Do you have a G5 keyboard or a Logitech gaming mouse of some sort? You need to disable the 'HID-Compliant Device' entries (under 'Human Interface Devices') in your Device Manager. You will lose your special capabilities of your mouse and/or keyboard but it will fix the issue. It's a problem with the engine.

HiCZoK4
12-29-09, 07:08 PM
I heard about it more\less... I have wireless KB+Mouse ex100 set from logitech. Idont even have the extra software installed. Just plugged and using.

Edit. IT WORKS. Thx! It must be the fastest response to my whining ever:lol: Great tip.
just to fill it up: Device menager looks like this under Human interface devices:

HID-Compliant Consumer Control Device
HID-Compliant Device
HID-Compliant Device
HID-Compliant Device
USB input Device
USB input Device

I only need to disable 4 first or "HID-Compliant Device" only? Disabling 4 first solved but I am guessing what is it?! Do I lose anything other than Special mouse functions which I dont have?

nomec
12-30-09, 09:13 AM
Pretty much... I didn't even notice anything when I did it other than I couldn't change the volume with my Saitek Eclipse II after making the change. Just re-enable it when you aren't playing F.E.A.R or when you finish the game. It's kind of a pain but not really a big deal when you think about it.