PDA

View Full Version : Is this correct ?

Delbert
12-30-09, 03:52 AM
So i had the beta Win 7 installed, along with various games from CoD4, Crysis, Assasins Creed etc all installed on my 'Games' drive.

When my shiney new operating system arrived in its box, i did a reformat of the main system drive, and fresh install of Win 7. The Games drive was picked up without issue.

Thing is, if i click on the game executables, they all run perfectly fine without a re-install. And even better, i do not have to put the DVD disc in the drive.... :)

Is this normal ?

XDanger
12-30-09, 08:08 AM
It might be normal for what you did there

Has anyone else done this?

DiscipleDOC
12-30-09, 08:26 AM
Yea...most of my games are like that. Some games that put .dll's in the Windows directory had to be reinstalled.

TheOneAndOnly
12-30-09, 10:48 AM
Some games are self-contained in their own install folder, some will reinstall whatever they need back into the OS and registry when started.

However, if all his games are starting without their DVD/CD (assuming they did originally), then thats not something I've heard of before...

Maybe MS installed anti-DRM in 7...

:bleh:

lduguay
12-30-09, 12:30 PM
Thing is, if i click on the game executables, they all run perfectly fine without a re-install. And even better, i do not have to put the DVD disc in the drive.... :)

Is this normal ?

C'mon Delbert, only (lee) software will work just like you said.

nekrosoft13
12-30-09, 01:02 PM
C'mon Delbert, only (lee) software will work just like you said.

especially the games that he listed. those require disc. cracks were used.

lduguay
12-30-09, 01:06 PM
especially the games that he listed. those require disc. cracks were used.

Yep

/thread

Delbert
12-30-09, 01:55 PM
No seriously guys. Got the discs in the cases. Just click the executable and they load up as normal. No cracks.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4774/dscf0034v.jpg

XDanger
01-30-10, 01:30 PM
I think I'll delete all reg. entries for all my games and see what happens :)