PDA

View Full Version : Rampage 2 Extreme won't boot

uuasnyder
12-31-09, 09:27 AM
I have a new build WC'd R2E w/ i7 920. Just finished my 24hr leak test last night and connected everything up. When I hit the power switch everything came on for a second and then nothing. I checked the lcd poster when I tried again. It just says pwr_off briefly and then goes back to a timer. I have it connected to a thermaltake 850w PS. Connected another thermaltake 700w I have laying around. Same thing. I have pulled and reseated the CPU and memory to no avail. Anybody have any thoughts?

Asus R2E
i7 920
OCZ OCZ3G1600LV6GK
Thermaltake-850-Watt TR2 RX PSU W0319RU
EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR Geforce GTX 260 896MB
D-Tek Fuzion2 CPU block
Bitspower BLACK FREEZER Asus R2E NB/SB Block
Bitspower BLACK FREEZER MOS AMOSII & III Water Blocks
Swiftech Komodo GTX275-P897 Water-Block
Thermaltake Spedo Advanced Full Tower Case

Madpistol
12-31-09, 09:56 AM
I think she's dead, boss. :(

Q
12-31-09, 12:18 PM
You might have a short or a bad component somewhere.

Try powering on the board only with the processor and one DIMM filled. No video card, other cards, or drives attached. Try moving the single filled DIMM location.

Muppet
12-31-09, 04:33 PM
You might have a short or a bad component somewhere.

Try powering on the board only with the processor and one DIMM filled. No video card, other cards, or drives attached. Try moving the single filled DIMM location.

Yeah he could well do. Make sure to take the Motherboard out of the cased and try it. That is generally where they occur. If this still doesn't fix it, it sounds like a dead Motherboard.

uuasnyder
12-31-09, 07:16 PM
Pulled my MB from the case and only had 1 dimm and the cpu. Still the same thing. Pulled off the nb/sb and mosfet blocks and the darned thing started up. Looks like i had some metal on metal contact. Now in the process of thermal taping the hell out of it. Thanks to all for the suggestions :)