PDA

View Full Version : What can I do about stolen PC games?

mojoman0
12-31-09, 01:28 PM
So my college house was robbed over christmas break while everyone was gone. Thankfully I brought all my big stuff home but they got 5 years of college books and all my pc games. Not that many but every Battlefield game + Crysis + a few others. I only have Bf2 installed right now so I can prolly extract its key from the registry, but is there anything I can do about getting the key back for BF2142, etc? Can EA or whomever give them to me based on my account info? Does anyone have experience with this?

General Lee
12-31-09, 01:41 PM
So my college house was robbed over christmas break while everyone was gone. Thankfully I brought all my big stuff home but they got 5 years of college books and all my pc games. Not that many but every Battlefield game + Crysis + a few others. I only have Bf2 installed right now so I can prolly extract its key from the registry, but is there anything I can do about getting the key back for BF2142, etc? Can EA or whomever give them to me based on my account info? Does anyone have experience with this?

Never had anything like that happen to me, so I ain't gonna be much help in that department. All I can say is that really sucks. I hope someone returns the favor to them one day. I mean, it takes a real POS to rob someone on Christmas. :(

CaptnStubing
12-31-09, 02:21 PM
suck it up and buy new ones. The internet will not solve your problems for you.

General Lee
12-31-09, 03:03 PM
Somebody have a bad Christmas? Did Santa forget to bring you that new fleshlight you wanted? :p

I think his problem is that he HAD to get a Fleshlight. :lol:

NarcissistZero
12-31-09, 03:04 PM
While Stub is being his normal ass self he IS right. Your stuff was stolen, EA has no responsibility to help you... buy it again.

mailman2
12-31-09, 03:44 PM
BF 2142 key should be linked to your user ID, so that should be retrievable by EA.

Crysis Max Ed with Crysis + Warhead are $13.59 today @ Steampowered.com -
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/987/

So for less than $14 you can get Crysis and Warhead. BF2 and BF2142 should be retrievable. Hopefully that was the majority of it. Good thing they didnt steal your PC.

DiscipleDOC
12-31-09, 03:44 PM
Steal them back?

Fuku2
12-31-09, 03:46 PM
Don't trust your friends' friends.

Greg
12-31-09, 08:08 PM
Did you have any insurance?
I lost most of my old games and application software in a robbery a few years ago also.
Lost about $2000 worth of software.

mojoman0
12-31-09, 08:56 PM
I signed up for insurance today for future protection. I was just hoping that since the keys are linked to my usernames and such that they would help me with the keys. I'll have to give EA a call and see.

K007
01-01-10, 02:02 AM
While Stub is being his normal ass self he IS right. Your stuff was stolen, EA has no responsibility to help you... buy it again.

He is not demanding the keys from EA, he is just asking if there is anything he can do...

tornadog
01-01-10, 10:49 PM
nothing like a warm feelgood story to start the new year.....In 2008 my house got robbed and the thief only took my ps3 and the ps3 games.I did manage to claim it in my home insurance and got about $750 back :)